Those padded boxes?

Nasty

Country
highlands of scotland
Does anyone know what those padded boxes are called the ones that are like egg boxes but made of foam? it's for shipping a bppc card.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ Nasty

If you mean the white Foam, that's polystyrene. It comes in all sorts of guises such as sheet, rolls & boxes. If you snap it, you get lots of little white balls all over the place. However, it will hold a static charge like no tommorow, so whilst offering a nice cusion effect, be sure to place the components in an Antistatic bag & some bubble wrap before chucking it into a styrene box.

I know fishmongers use styrene boxes to keep fish chilled in them. When I was working for a meat factory in despatch last last year, we had shed loads of those boxes in the Freezers. ;)

Kin

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Just remember to chuck the board inside an antistatic bag before make contact with the foam material, it may hold static charges as any other plastic material.

Nasty

Country
highlands of scotland
Just remember to chuck the board inside an antistatic bag before make contact with the foam material, it may hold static charges as any other plastic material.

the cards going like this, card inside anti static bag, wrapped in bubble wrap, then in foam box with some cardboard padding. So hopefully it will withstand Royal Mail abuse.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Thank you for the link Harrison, found what i was looking for :)

http://www.postpack.co.uk/acatalog/white-foam-box-2.html

@ Kin Hell,

thats the egg foam stuff above :)

the cards going like this, card inside anti static bag, wrapped in bubble wrap, then in foam box with some cardboard padding. So hopefully it will withstand Royal Mail abuse.

Good stuff m8. (y)

Sorry for going on about something you were not even considering. :oops:

Kin

Nasty

Country
highlands of scotland
Thank you for the link Harrison, found what i was looking for :)

http://www.postpack.co.uk/acatalog/white-foam-box-2.html

@ Kin Hell,

thats the egg foam stuff above :)

Good stuff m8. (y)

Sorry for going on about something you were not even considering. :oops:

Kin

LOL, dont worry mate, and it was good advice (y)

Nasty

Country
highlands of scotland
Well i had a look about but could'nt find one of those padded boxes local, so decided to order one from that weblink. So box was £3.71, i thought thats fine and then I checked the postage cost for the box :wooha:

For all other destinations & orders below £50 (exc VAT) the following rates apply

Scottish Islands, Scilly Islands & Northern Ireland
4 - 5 days £29.00 + VAT
2 - 3 days £32.00 + VAT

Think it might be cheaper if i hand deliver it :nod:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
A lot of companies now charge much more for Scottish Islands, including Royal Mail, because it isn't cost effective to deliver there.

Nasty

Country
highlands of scotland
A lot of companies now charge much more for Scottish Islands, including Royal Mail, because it isn't cost effective to deliver there.

fraid you've lost me there, most companys from down south consider anything after glasgow to be an island and not apart of the mainland UK!

I know that Royal mail came up with the solution that if they drove so far up the country, they could leave the mainland to go to ireland then had the idea that they could get to scotland from ireland hence there view scotlands not on the Mainland UK.

Top Bottom