title

Jon Hare

Country
Hamburg
Region
Germany
I guess you're referring to the "2 posts" rule. That's not stupid, but necessary to avoid spam bots ruining this lovely board.

Besides this....welcome to AmiBay :)

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Hi easy_john,

Jon Hare is right; AmiBay is a more moderated site than some other forums and it's all the better for it. We take the protection of our members that trade on here very seriously.

Welcome!!

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg
I think that we've got ourselves pretty much covered with over a thousand active members.... ;)

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
We have no problems with attracting users, we just don't want people signing up to Spam our members.
As Merlin said, it has worked quite well up until now.

Please also take time to acquaint yourself with our forum rules HERE especially as our rules are quite different to other forums.

Especially about insisting on Interest declarations in threads before PMing, which is another reason for the rule.

easy_john

Country
Rus
Region
Spb
Too many rules - badly. Nobody reads the rules consist of more than 3-5 points. :)
Especially for someone not their native language.
Ok-Ok, I remember about the order of the PM.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Actually, considering the amount of rules on other trading forums, we deliberately try and keep the actual number down.
This is because,

1. It is difficult to remember lots of rules
  2. We have lots of members for whom English is not their first language
  3. We ask people to self-moderate
  4. We are trying to build a community of people who trade based on trust, not rules.
We do need some rules though, as a framework for trading, and we try and keep things out in the open.
All our rules are open for debate, and it is down to the members to decide what they want really.

We always welcome debate on the rules, even with members who have only just joined. ;)

Top Bottom