Toccata audio passthrough?

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi

On my A4KD, I installed my new Toccata, drivers & AHI. But I have some questions.

Toccata is audio passthrough?

What about WHDLoad games?

This connections are correct?

Mobo audio out => Line IN
Toccata output => Speakers

AHI test works, also Toccata Player, but no sound from Workbench or WHDLoad games...... :(

Any idea?

Thanks

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi!

This setup works fine for me but its not an AHI thing you have to set the Tocatta's record settings to 'Line in' and set the volume and the you must 'save settings'

Then it will work each boot without you need to change any setting, everything passes through, WHDLoad, Games, all Paula sounds (y)

Steve.

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi Steve.

The problem is the level of Loopback. Now is near to 0 and everything works OK.

I need only to test the recording capabilities of the board. But sounds now are great.

If I have time, tomorrow I will post some pics of my FINISHED A4KD project.... :)

Long time but now have Picasso IV & Toccata....... :)

Thanks for your help my friend (y)

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
No problem my friend, you have the same combo as me (PIV & Tocatta) these are both awesome in a pure A4000 so well done (y)

By the way the recording is awesome, I recorded some MP3's & Mods and they play back perfect... But you cannot record a WHDLoad game...

Steve.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi Steve

Recorded MP3 with Toccata?

Please tell me what I need....... :bowdown: :bowdown:

Yep was playing an MP3 via AmigaAmp and and recorded it with the Tocatta recorder, but that would be 8bit I guess since its through Paula, was surprised my 40mhz 040 could play the MP3 to be honest with CPU spare for other tasks!

For the full 16bit you could plug your MP3 player or HiFi into the AUX and switch to AUX on the Recorder, remember to record in 16bit you need to choose 16bit (check the box) near the slider in the volume recorder.

Another awesome thing is I was recording them to Ram, so saves your CF precious writes :cool:

Lovin' then Tocatta (y)

Also had some fun recording Mods from my A600 that was running connected to the same TV, I made a little Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmwx-bZg0ss

Fun times :boing:

ancalimon

Country
Turkey
Region
Istanbul
Is it normal that with one of the three converter cables provided, both Paula channels are routed to Paula left output only? when I also connect the right output to Toccata, I only get one side playing (left or right not sure at the moment). This does not happen when I connect paula directly to my monitor.

By the way I guess paula is not mixed if you do not run toccatainit first. Is that correct?

Last edited:

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I noticed similar behaviour trying to connect both internal and external inputs, maybe interference?

Yes you need to run toccata software to use the mixer.

ancalimon

Country
Turkey
Region
Istanbul
I noticed similar behaviour trying to connect both internal and external inputs, maybe interference?

Than I guess if you connect paula to Toccata input, you get mono sound? Is there a way to fix this?

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks

Than I guess if you connect paula to Toccata input, you get mono sound? Is there a way to fix this?

No it should should be Stereo sound.

I only got sound Paula from 1 side when I also connected my CDROM to the AUX input, since fixed by connecting the CDROM to the internal Line Input. I'd need to double check exactly how it's hooked up - I have a thread somewhere but it's working perfect now. Jumpers also need to be changed IIRC. Check the manual, I have an electronic copy I can upload if you need.

Steve.

- - - Updated - - -

No it should should be Stereo sound.

I only got sound Paula from 1 side when I also connected my CDROM to the AUX input, since fixed by connecting the CDROM to the internal Line Input. I'd need to double check exactly how it's hooked up - I have a thread somewhere but it's working perfect now. Jumpers also need to be changed IIRC. Check the manual, I have an electronic copy I can upload if you need.

Steve.

Top Bottom