Train tickets

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
I often buy advance train tickets, and it is not unusual that I end up with spares that I can not use.

Would it be possible for me to be allowed to sell on some of these on this site at never more than face value? The kind I get just require a print out of an email to be shown at the station, so it is easy for me to forward it. For example I have a one way ticket for tomorrow from Nottingham to St Pancras which I could let someone have for £7 (I have deliberately left off the times as I do not want to look like I am trying to sell it before I get approval from the Admins), and last Thursday I had a similar ticket for £11 which went begging.

Opinions?

Jumping Anaconda

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Thanks for going to the trouble of asking opinion first, we had a bit of a chat about this in the staff area and the general consensus is that whilst we appreciate your offer, the focus of the site is retro-computer hardware.

We occasionally allow more upto date computer/ console orientated sales as these are close enough for us to just about justify, but things like tickets etc are just too far divergent.

Thanks. :)

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
No probs, I thought that may be the case. The main reason I thought of here was because I could trade it so quickly, which is handy on tickets with short notice, and that I like trading here. No problems :)

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
I have to ask why you buy them in advance, knowing that you might not actually get to use them? Does your work deem this habit?

Kin

*edit* You can ignore me if you think I am being nosey. ;)

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ Kin

They are probably Apex tickets that are a lot cheaper when they are bought in advance.

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
I buy in advance as it usually works out much cheap than buying on the day. Sometimes *a lot* cheaper, and I normally have the dates I am traveling pre-planned. In the last couple of months a lot have gone to waste as myself and my partner have had hospital appointments that have thrown everything out of wack. I am still ahead overall, but I'd rather they went to use.

Last week I stood outside of Nottingham station and tried to give my ticket away, and people would still rather go and buy a ticket for £50. Where is the logic in that?

Top Bottom