Trying to locate a C64 game

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
Hey guys, I was recalling my warly years when i had a C64 (may be looking to get one again in the near future) and i recall a game where you were a fox and you had to collect apples... The games level/stage music was a digitized version of 'Bizet's Les Toreadors'.

I recall the name 'run fox run' but i was about 9 at teh time so it may be called something similar but maybe not exactly that :LOL:.

The level music was very similar to this...

http://www.gnu-bee.com/midi/classical/Bizet-les_toreadores.mid

Any clues?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

GOT IT! Its 'Fox Fights Back' lol.

Anyone got it? lol.

... been weeks thinking of that :LOL:.

Retrograde

Country
Gothenburg, Sweden
Region
Vastra Gotaland
A quick search for "c64" and "fox" yields...yep.. Samantha Fox Strip Poker! :D (y)

Though "Foxx Fights Back" should also pop up somewhere.

Actually I saw this game a few times at my cousins, but I had given away my C64 by then, so never got round to "aquiring" it.
Where an original copy might live is anybodys guess...!

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
ROFL... so 2 x's eh?

fond memories of this game, might check the evil bay but nothing to test it on if i did find one. Atleast if i found one on here i could trust that it works. (y)

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
Sweet, pics! lol, thats def the one.

Cheers guys!

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Sorry BlankStare, I had to remove the link because it pointed to potentially copyrighted software. :) A Google search will let others find it easy enough.

Take care,

Heather

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
No probs Heather I've seen what i need to now anyways :)

Thanks Blank and Retro!

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Hey Amineo- you may want to try out C64 Forever as a cool emulator for the C64 (uses a custom Vice as the engine with a nice player / catalogue skin) once you get your game.

John

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
I have heard of this emulator :) but im more one for the authentic experience where possible.

Out of curiosity, how would i get the tape onto PC? Or did you mean since id own the tape i could simply download a ROM?... :dry: lol.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
The more preferable 'Authentic' way it is then :D :p

Retrograde

Country
Gothenburg, Sweden
Region
Vastra Gotaland
I have heard of this emulator :) but im more one for the authentic experience where possible.

Out of curiosity, how would i get the tape onto PC? Or did you mean since id own the tape i could simply download a ROM?... :dry: lol.

There are hardware devices made by hobbyists that read tapes into a PC, either through the casette connector directly, or you can sample w. a sound card w. certain softwares/methods.

( Can't find the bloody links now, but here's a device that's the other way around, connects PC (or Amiga) to casette port w. serial connection.
http://www.ktverkko.fi/~msmakela/8bit/c2n232/index.en.html or
http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32887&sid=cf628db8fe9f8467cc8cc06dbb52cf07 )

I've used CCS64 a fair bit and found it's emulation is very close to perfect, it runs pretty much all demos I've thrown at it too. ;)
Some people swear by Vice though, I've yet to play around with it a lot, it does do the job.

(I'll try to dig up tape deck interfaces later... if you really wanna go that route...)

PS. Setting up a C64 emulator isn't particularly hard, basically you haev to configure joystick mappings, then select a T64 or D64 image to load and away you go, usually at warp/turbo speed.

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
LOL, well personally i prefer the more authentic approach of having the actual hardware infront of me. I've used plenty of emulators in the past inc WINUAE for the amiga but it just doesnt have the same magic as running on original hardware.

Theyre a decent option when the hardware isnt to hand though. :)

Would be interested in seeing how those conversions are done with the tape drives however. Don't be breaking any forum rules in showing me though :)

Top Bottom