Trying to play with a demo of Magic Workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
Hi, I'm trying to play with MagicWB on my A4000 now that I have a keyboard and I'm having problems with the software - It proceeds to hang while installing at - Updating Old Drawer Icons in Sys: - It just hangs and my hard drive light just clicks. Is there something I'm doing wrong? It doesn't appear to want to work at all. Any help would be appreciated, and is the reason I cannot buy a copy of this software because the company no longer exists? I went to their website and clicked the purchase now link and got a message stating - We're sorry but this software is not available for purchase right now. Thanks again for the help.

Nathan

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Re: Trying to play with a demo of Magic Workbench

@Nathaniel

Hello there,

now MUI is an okay package however as you have found its no longer supported, so let me introduce you to

Classic Workbench, created by my EAB Amigo Bloodwych

There are several versions to download, and they include MUI amongst a great collection of other tools (pre-installed)

have a look around if you haven't already, I know you will like it.

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

IT's Simply The 1st choice for AMIGA OS

TC :mrgreen:

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas

Okay, I've been looking at this classicWB and I can see how to get it to work with WinUAE, but I'm a little concerned on how I would get it to work with a real amiga. I don't have the ability to slide my amiga hard drive into my pc. Stupid new pc only has one ide channel and both are being used and having tried removing the ide hard drive in the system caused my PC to BSOD stating that hardware had changed and the system could not boot. So I had to repair my OS. It's a little too much of a hassle. However I have gotten the CD Rom Drive working on the Amiga, could I use WinUAE to open the HDF and write it to a CD for booting? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nathan

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

Hi Nathan

I use an external USB Box & mount it under WinUAE as a HD
Works perfectly.

Enable JIT in WinUAE though, the Disk Transfers are superfast then

TC :mrgreen:

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas

ahh. I see, I will have to try that when I can get a USB enclosure.

Nathan

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

An alternative to an external enclosure is a USB to IDE cable. You can get these on Ebay for a couple of pounds and they work well. It is just a cable with a USB port on one end and two IDE connectors on the other (one for 2.5" and one for 3.5" drives). You just connect the drive to the IDE connector then plug it into a free USB port.

I've got one of these and it works fine for just needing to quickly access an Amiga drive through WinUAE for setting up or copying software over. Also saves a bit of time and hassle compared to external enclosures where you need to take them apart to install the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom