Unreleased Amiga game Superhero gets a second chance

Neil79

Country
UK
Region
Kent
poster.jpg

Back in 1993 there was a "The One" coverdisk demo and several previews for a Psygnosis platform come beat 'em up fusion called Superhero. There was a fair amount of anticipation for the game, it was 99% complete, posters and other promo materials were produced, then nothing. It simply vanished. Everyone assumed it was simply a case of the game being canned as is so typical in the games industry, despite its near completion. In fact the truth was far more complex..

http://www.indieretronews.com/2015/08/unreleased-amiga-game-superhero-gets.html

Vyncynt

Country
USA
Region
Alabama
Good info! That was a great read. Talk about all the bad luck those poor guys went through - for nothing! It's a shame they can't file suit with the police for lost revenue!

Neil79

Country
UK
Region
Kent
Good info! That was a great read. Talk about all the bad luck those poor guys went through - for nothing! It's a shame they can't file suit with the police for lost revenue!

Thanks Vyncynt, that article was done by one of our writers :D I'll pass on the compliment

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
I remember it! It was previewed in a french video game magazine by the time and looked very promising. I was disappointed to not read more about it after that.

Vyncynt

Country
USA
Region
Alabama

Thanks Vyncynt, that article was done by one of our writers :D I'll pass on the compliment

My pleasure! I actually have enjoyed reading other articles on the site. Tell them to keep up the good work!

limboy777

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Uk
Region
Lancashire
poster.jpg

Back in 1993 there was a "The One" coverdisk demo and several previews for a Psygnosis platform come beat 'em up fusion called Superhero. There was a fair amount of anticipation for the game, it was 99% complete, posters and other promo materials were produced, then nothing. It simply vanished. Everyone assumed it was simply a case of the game being canned as is so typical in the games industry, despite its near completion. In fact the truth was far more complex..

http://www.indieretronews.com/2015/08/unreleased-amiga-game-superhero-gets.html

I enjoyed reading about this as well. The games looks very polished. Its a shame about the circumstances!

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
Is this coverdisk demo playable?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

Top Bottom