Verba valent usu
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Country
The Netherlands
Region
The Hague
I have upgraded the NAS from 256 MB to 1 GB RAM.
You can read upon this model following this link.
I will not include disks.

EUR 50,00 40,00 (excluding shipping and optional Paypal costs)

IMG_1643.jpg

Also offered elsewhere.

Last edited:

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Hmm OK, interested :D

Just a few questions :)

Is it noisey? The NAS would be sat near my PC so has to be quiet, or at least the fans need to power off most of the time like my DLink DNS320
How much is postage to the UK?
I would use the media streaming feature to several DLNA devices, how have you found these?

EFTPOTRM

Verba valent usu
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Country
The Netherlands
Region
The Hague
Hi Tajmaster,

Right after turning on the fan is noisy for about 15-30 seconds. After booting it drops in speed and thus noise. It definitely is no Boeing 747 but you will hear it if you listen carefully. You can control fan speed in the dashboard and the fans will shut down when the disks spin down. I am not sure if it will bother you, however I found a few threads where people have replaced the fan with a noiseless one.

You also must know that the device is told to be picky about drives. There is this compatibility list to consult. I have found it eats a lot more types but you better check beforehand.

Before I went for other methods I used to stream to a Popcorn Hour without a single problem – also big 6-9 GB Matroska files. I have not used other DLNA devices with de ReadyNAS.

- - - Updated - - -

As the device weighs around 6 kg tracked shipping to the UK will cost EUR 25.00. :blink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom