USB optical mouse and adapter for A1200

rossi46

Country
Melrose, Roxburghshire, UK
Region
Scotland
This is the best thing I've bought in ages. I got it from a seller on eBay and it's amazing. Sorry if it's old news but I'm blown away by this simple little adapter that plugs straight into the mouse port on my A1200 and fools the machine into thinking that it's a regular, neanderthal, ball-type. Now I can play Cannon Fodder as it was designed to be played. :D

Anyone else got one?

rossi46

Country
Melrose, Roxburghshire, UK
Region
Scotland
$_57.JPG

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
Optical mice are a must for every amiga.
There was a converter project that would allow amigas to use TRUE usb mice but I don't see it happening anytime soon , sadly...
(the mouse on the picture is a dual ps2/usb one and works in ps2 mode in amiga - nothing wrong with that!)

Nobby_UK

Country
England
Region
Liverpool, Lancs
Not a bad price either ;)

Is there any way to tell if a USB mouse is 'True' or 'Dual'
I have one Wired and 2 Wire-less...

Last edited:

Peckmore

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Telford, Shropshire
There was a converter project that would allow amigas to use TRUE usb mice but I don't see it happening anytime soon , sadly...
Not sure if this is the same device you were referring to, but one has been developed and is available here. There's also a thread about it over on EAB. The creators are also have one for keyboards, although at this time it only supports the A1200.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Some mice directly mention if they are PS2 compatible. All of my Microsoft optical mice do. The Intellimouse Optical and the Explorer v3 both do.

Nobby_UK

Country
England
Region
Liverpool, Lancs
I have a PS2 to USB adapter ---
If they worked with that ? They should be dual ?
But that requires a ReBoot and I don't do that often
:D

#EDIT#
Tried the adapter = No Good
Not surprised it was a cheap mouse

Last edited:

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
Not sure if this is the same device you were referring to, but one has been developed and is available here. There's also a thread about it over on EAB. The creators are also have one for keyboards, although at this time it only supports the A1200.

yes! that's the one! so it's finished! thanks for the heads up!!!

Top Bottom