Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
Hi there.

In the process of building my Hese's A4000TX which has been waiting a long time until i choosed a proper black tower case, i am starting with building a suitable black Amiga keyboard.

I have bought a black external keyboard case from Checkmate https://www.checkmate1500plus.com/Products.aspx?id=354
It comes with a black metal keyboard case which will suit my needs and it is said it can fit either an A1200 keyboard with a Keyrah USB V2 or an A500 keyboard with an adapter sold separately.

The adapter looks like this https://www.checkmate1500plus.com/Products.aspx?id=355
It comes with two adapters to connect with the keyboard internal cable one one hand and a DIN with 7 pins on the other (not 5 pins like regular DIN/MIDI cable).
It is unclear how one would connect this to the Checkmate itself because there is no instruction, but anyway that's not what i want. I just want to connect to the miniDIN port of the A4000 or A4000TX.

I have an old A500 keyboard, which unfortunately i can't test for now except on my daily A4000D. So i have connected the keyboard internal cable to one of the Checkmate adapter. The cable from the Checkmate kit also have 7 pins with a DIN connector, but i can't use it because i need a 5 pins DIN for my regulat DIN to ps2/miniDIN adapter which goes into the miniDIN A4000 keyboard port.
I have used instead a good MIDI cable with two DIN 5 pins connector because i belived the two extra pins are used to connect the power and drive LED of the A500 keyboard.

And yet, the keyboard doesn't work at all on my A4000.
I can't test the keyboard itself elsewhere for now, so there is a doubt about it being faulty (although i have never seen a completly dead Amiga keyboard so far), but i also have doubt about that Checkmate adapter kit.

Does anyone here have used it before and does know something about it?
If the adapter is unsuitable for my project, would you have another suggestion about connecting my A500 keyboard inside that case to the A4000 or A4000TX with an adapter i don't know of?

Thanks in advance for any help.

IMG-0892.jpg
IMG-0893.jpg

PS : don't worry, as soon as i will have sorted out the connection problem, this keyboard will have a full cleaning and new black keycaps.

RePS: i also have a second one case to match the black Arymanx A4000 metal case.

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
Actually, solution appears from Youtube and it seems it is not as straightforward as i thought because pinouts don't match

As +5V and GND are inverted according to schematics in the video, it is fortunate i don't seem to have fried my A4000D CIA and my A4000 keyboard is still working fine.

Top Bottom