Status
Not open for further replies.

rjbutler

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Cambridge & Ireland
Hi,

I am selling various hardware that I have collected over the last ten years or more. I live in Cambridge. I am willing to answer any queries and am open to offers for any of the items mentioned - my primary interest is to find a good home for most of this stuff more than to make a hefty profit from the lot!

Wang PC 250/16

80286 12Mhz processor, running DOS 5.0, 2Mb RAM and a 20Mb hard drive. 5 ¼ “ and 3 ½ “ drives. Believed to be working. Needs testing. - £10 + postage

IBM PS/2 Model 50 Z
Processor is AMD 386 @ 16Mhz, running DOS. RAM 1Mb, 60Mb hard drive. Fitted with 3 ½ “ 1.44Mb drive. Believed to be working. Needs testing. - £15 + postage

IBM PS/2 Model 55 Z
Processor is AMD 386 @ 16Mhz, running DOS. RAM 2Mb, 100Mb hard drive. Fitted with 3 ½ “ 1.44Mb drive. Believed to be working. Needs testing. - £15 + postage

(Prices do not include postage)

With best wishes

Richard

Beatnik

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
UK
Region
uk
ibm's

ibm's

Hi

Are these still up for grabs? I might be interested in the IBMs.

Presumably they just use a kettle lead and have a vga output - any chance you could test some basic functionality? Do they power up? Do they put anything on the screen?

How much would postage be in the UK?

rjbutler

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Cambridge & Ireland
Beatnik: yes, I can test these items if you let me know exactly which ones you are interested in. I am quite sure they work properly, but will check to be sure. Postage to the UK may well be expensive, a figure of around £30 might be a fair figure, but again I can check if you are interested.

Seaside: which machines interest you in particular? I will post photos if you let me know what you might be interested in purchasing!

With best wishes,

Rich.

Beatnik

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
UK
Region
uk
Sorry I'm out of money and space at present, I'll have to withdraw interest.

barney

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Tampa, Florida
Hi,

I am selling various hardware that I have collected over the last ten years or more. I live in Cambridge. I am willing to answer any queries and am open to offers for any of the items mentioned - my primary interest is to find a good home for most of this stuff more than to make a hefty profit from the lot!

Wang PC 250/16
80286 12Mhz processor, running DOS 5.0, 2Mb RAM and a 20Mb hard drive. 5 ¼ “ and 3 ½ “ drives. Believed to be working. Needs testing. - £10 + postage

IBM PS/2 Model 50 Z
Processor is AMD 386 @ 16Mhz, running DOS. RAM 1Mb, 60Mb hard drive. Fitted with 3 ½ “ 1.44Mb drive. Believed to be working. Needs testing. - £15 + postage

IBM PS/2 Model 55 Z
Processor is AMD 386 @ 16Mhz, running DOS. RAM 2Mb, 100Mb hard drive. Fitted with 3 ½ “ 1.44Mb drive. Believed to be working. Needs testing. - £15 + postage

(Prices do not include postage)

With best wishes

Richard

Hello, I was curious if you still have these computers. I would like to buy the hard drive out of your Wang PC 250/16. I live in the US (Florida). If you still have the 20mb HD, let me know what the price and shipping would be.

rjbutler

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Cambridge & Ireland
Wang PC

Wang PC

Hi,

Sure, I am willing to sell the 20mb HDD from the Wang PC if you would like. The price would be £10 plus postage, as without the HDD the other parts of the PC are not worth anything. I would have to check postage once I am next back in Ireland in early July, but I would imagine it would be around £20 as the unit is quite heavy. Please let me know if you are interested.

With kind regards,

Richard.

8bitbubsy

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
Norway
Region
-
Hi, is the "IBM PS/2 Model 55 Z" still available? How much is shipping to Norway? I don't expect it to be cheap, but this machine is such a classic must-have. :LOL:
EDIT: Withdrawing interest, no ISA (MCA slots only) slots in PS/2 Model 50/55!

Last edited:

8bitbubsy

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
Norway
Region
-
PM sent to 8bitbubsy re IBM PS/2 computer

Richard.
Hi, I am no longer interested because this machine does not have ISA slots (only MCA slots).
EDIT: Oh, I didn't mean to write "Declaring interest", sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom