wan't to finish my A4000

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
It is still an unfinished project, because of the ide prob, mentioned earlier.

Have a "old to new scsci" convertor already in house, as suggested for an A500 scsci hard disk by I think zetro. Can alway's order another one

I found this piece of hardware:

Microbotics: HardFrame Connection: Zorro II :unsure: 20 eu pick up 15 kilometers away. Should I take it? (not much more money this month for more expensive .. :huh:)

http://bboah.amiga-resistance.info/cgi-bin/showhardware_en.cgi?HARDID=1223

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Looks like a very modest price for what appears to be a perfectly good Z2 SCSI hard card. If you are looking for a cheap solution, it sounds like a safe bet to me. :)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I agree.

Remember to terminate the IDE controller to speed boot times. Amigakit have some for a low price.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
ok txs

ok txs

Not sure if i drop the ide complete, might need it for the cdrom, don't think have scsci ide one. Might get one as well.

I played with the hd ide and cf ide, the a4000 supports 2 drives like it should, but not my cdroms..

Must admit that os 3.9 does not get a hd sized 10 GB (without boing bags) initialised, however os 3.1 does ... (with manual heads, cylinders etc(it makes no sense..)

After this testing, I got it initialised. but after restart no hd to bee seen, partition it, no slave hd to be seen, so nut sure what the prob is:unsure:

The project takes to long.. have the amiga 500 to wich needs to be done with scsci and mem expansion, wan't the A4000 case closed, and have a cdrom to install the pci mediator..:blink:

Whan't to cut off the weird ide prob, take the converter add a scsci drive and forget about it.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
SCSI CD-ROM are available at a very low price everywhere. But they are normally long units, and they could hit the PSU on the back and even then protruding on the fascia.

Some NEC units are shorter but they are beige, not matching the A4000 colour.

I guess your problem is related to IDEfix97 (the program).

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
rkauer

rkauer

I have idefix somewhere, because I had it delivered with an A1200 4 way ide splitter.

Is it needed for an A4000 to?

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
It is needed, too.

Without it you have to patch the SCSI.device some way to achieve the same results (no IDE size limitation, no limit to MAXTRANSFER, support to removable AND secondary drives).

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
txs

txs

dad explains a lot :whistle:

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

I will pick up the scsci card anyway, I promised the seller.. On the long run it is an extra hd anyway, and even with pc's I don't like master slave configs if not needed.

---------- Post added at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

Meant that explains a lot, did not meant to insult Rkauer.

Sorry Rkauer, if some Admin can edit this typo please!

Will have to drink a little more coffee i'am afraid.

Top Bottom