Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hi everyone!

Well, seeing as the Amiga 600 Memory project is coming to fruition (yay!), I would like to pick up an Amiga 600 to go with the memory. I know, kinda odd getting a system specific add-on before you even have the system, but that's how I roll. :D

But seriously, I would like to get a working Amiga 600 system. I just need the base unit with the accessories but I would be interested in expanded or packaged systems as well. It does not matter if the system is PAL or NTSC but I would prefer NTSC. Please PM me with details and price.

Thanks! :wink:

Heather

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Re: Wanted: Amiga 600

Hi Heather, i am currently selling an expanded A600 here

Mike

*Edit*

now sold sorry :oops:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

Heather, as a matter of advice, buy just the unit to save on postage costs.

I bought my last A600 in "two parts": first I bought one from Australia (pretty cheap), but the motherboard was broken (Agnus had enough), then I bought a spare 1.5 PAL board from UK (also damn cheap). Final costs was lovely acceptable, all you need is not get yourself in rush. :wink:

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas

I am keeping an eye out for another one, and if I see one I will let you know. Someone over at (is it alright to mention other amiga websites?) mentioned that he was rejuvenating an A600 so I PM'ed him and asked that he possibly contact you when he was done, just in case you didn't have one yet. I hope this wasn't too presumptuous of me. He informed me that he would do so. I apologize if this bothers you, but after having now played with my A600 since I got home from work, I think you would very much enjoy having one.

Nathan

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

Hey Nathan!

It's OK to mention other web sites as long as you are not linking to auctions or "taking offers" posts.

I really appreciate your help! I don't frequent many of the other Amiga sites so I miss out on deals from time to time. Thank you for asking him to contact me! I'll let you know if he does. :thumbsup2:

At one point, I had an A600 that I bought off Craig's List but it needed lots of TLC so I sold it here. You can see pics of it in this post.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Heather

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas

I took photos of the entire unboxing process yesterday. The A600 is slightly yellowed, and the power supply is the color of a baby duck. so yellow you'd think it was made that way. The 1084 monitor is the only thing I didn't get a picture of, but it appears to be in good shape except for the power button. Like my other 1084 it doesn't turn off as easily as it turns on, is that a common thing? Of course after getting the A600 out I wasn't watching what I was doing and let one of our cats knock the amiga off the table. I caught it.... with my foot, but it did not hit the ground at full speed! ...just my tarsals.. :shock: here are a few pictures to look at when you have time.

Nathan

hmm I cannot attach more than one picture is it a size thing? Nevermind it was indeed a size issue. Fixed it now.

Attachments

• 05 modified.jpg
    05 modified.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 1
  • modified.jpg
    modified.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 0
  • camera dump 111 - modified.jpg
    camera dump 111 - modified.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 2

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

LOL! I love how people call the all-in-one computers "Keyboards" like what is marked on the Styrofoam in your pictures. I also laugh whenever I hear someone call a computer tower the "Hard Drive".

That's a lovely kitty you have! Looks like it had a real good time with some paper. Hey, is that a Dungeons & Dragons character sheet behind the cat?

Heather

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas

As a matter of fact that is indeed a D&D character sheet behind her. She knocked it off the table with the roll of paper towels that she and her brother demolished. I will post another picture for you so you can see her brother, and I will post a picture of my A600 set up on it's tiny little desk. enjoy

Attachments

• camera dump 003 modified.jpg
    camera dump 003 modified.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 3
  • camera dump 114 modified.jpg
    camera dump 114 modified.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 1

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

Hehe. Now I really know I'm a geek since I can spot a D&D character sheet on the floor in a small picture, even though I haven't played D&D in years!

That really is a small desk! It makes your 600 look big and your 1084 look like a 19" monitor. :)

You have beautiful kitties! You can see mine here:

Riley (The younger one)

Spooky (The ancient one)

////////////////////////////////////
/* Will Moderate for A600 */
///////////////////////////////////

:woot:

Take care,

Heather

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas

You have beautiful cats yourself. I've run into a little problem with my A600. I have posted it in another thread for assistance. I'm still keeping an eye out for more A600's for you. I'll will let you know when I do.

Nathan

icbrkr

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
USA
Region
NW Arkansas

SkydivinGirl said:
At one point, I had an A600 that I bought off Craig's List but it needed lots of TLC so I sold it here. You can see pics of it in this post.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Heather

A lot of TLC has happened to that 600 too :) I replaced the case, the LED and added some C128 arrows for the arrow keys.

a600repair.jpg

Next thing to do is clean up those keys a bit ;)

It might be replaced though with this one that I snagged off of Ebay when it comes in http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0416007052 so it'll probably end up back here. I don't need 3 A600s!

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

So YOU are the one who purchased that! :wink: Another member, Nathanieltolbert, sent me a link to that but I didn't get there in time. I hope you enjoy!

The other A600 is looking good! The new case makes a huge difference.

Take care,

Heather

imnogeek

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Midlands

Heather

I am sitting (not literally) on an A600 and not using it at all. It requires a clean up (which I will do) and then I will post some piccys.
You are more than welcome to it if it fits the bill.

I am rather busy at the moment but could try to do it at the weekend.

Gary

icbrkr

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
USA
Region
NW Arkansas

Sorry about that! I just did a quick search before I was going to bed the other night and saw it and couldn't believe it wasn't snagged yet so...

*snag* ;)

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

@imnogeek

I'd be very interested! The only bad things getting it from England would be the shipping costs and the exchange rate. If you'd like to PM me how much you would like for it, I could let you know before you went through all the trouble.

@icbrkr

First come, first serve! :D I was actually surprised it had a "Buy it Now" option, even if it was a little high. You'll have to let me know how it works out for you.

Take care!

Heather

imnogeek

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Midlands

I was thinking of abou 5 beer tokens (£**) + postage :)

I need to clean it anyway so don't worry.

Gary

edit:/ self moderation :oops:

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Is it okay to talk Shop on AmiBay Threads now? :sigh:

Kin

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

@imnogeek

I would definitely like to get it. :woot: I'm not in a hurry, I'd just like to get one to go along with the RAM expansion module from Zetr0.

LOL! I have a habit of buying accessories before I even have the machine. I had a bunch of (copied) games before I even got my first computer. Since I was around 12 years old and had to buy the computer myself, I had to wait a long time to get it. At least I had some software when I finally did. :D

@Kin

Talk shop??? :what:

Heather

imnogeek

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Midlands

@kin
I know, my mistake :sigh:

You are not the first to tell me :roll:

I put it down to stress myself :mrgreen:

To all reading this I made a deliberate mistake to demonstrate how not to reply to a wanted thread :whistle:

do you think they bought that kin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom