Wanted: DBK 2MB ChipRAM Schematics

skippy

Country
BRISTOL, UK
Region
Avon
Hello everyone, kind of a long shot but perhaps someone might be able to help me out.

I'm looking to purchase a schematical diagram (perhaps exists in the manual) to the DBK 2MB ChipRAM for the A500/2000/CDTV computer system. :readit:

I need the values of C100 and C101 to replace and repair this unit.

Just happened to notice that the individual I purchased this advertised "working order" item from on Ebay incidentally is banned from this Service for profiteering which might explain the lack of conversing I'm experiencing for a resolution. :roll:

I don't wish to speak defamation of character but it would appear I've been ripped off just shy of 100UKP w/ custom charges. :blink:

I need to spend more time tuned into the Community and Amibay to be wiser. (y)

All the best,

Paul.

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hiyas Paul

I think I can help you - I have reviewed both amiga.resouce.net and amiga-hardware.com - and I suspect that both the C100 is an 0.1uf (100nf) capactitor... I couldn't locate C101 on the board

Its an educated guess but I susepct that with exception of the 33uf 16v tantalum (C210big yellow one) the rest are likely to be voltage cleaning - 0.1uf monolithic

megachip.jpg

(stock photo: thanks to amiga.resource.cx)

On the other note if you need to get hold of Desanti - you can find him normally scrounging for stuff on English Amiga Board

skippy

Country
BRISTOL, UK
Region
Avon
Cheers Zetr0, I've attached a couple of quick snaps.

Attachments

• DBK 004.jpg
    DBK 004.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DBK 005.jpg
    DBK 005.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 0

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Ahhh you cannot beat a bit of buffy =)

okay ... your DKB is a slightly different version - as such we will need to do a little test - this will involve a multimeter set to continuity mode.

you will need to see if either of end of C101 and C100 connect to ground... if so its quite likely that both will be 0.1uf used as voltage - cleaning caps.

Just to confirm you are attaching the probe to pin 36 of the GARY chip ?

Its noted that if by connecting Pin 36 [A20] of (U5) GARY it doesn't work then you will need to connect it to Pin 48 (A20) of the MC6800 CPU

good luck =)

skippy

Country
BRISTOL, UK
Region
Avon
This transaction has been resolved by both parties and a full refund issued.

Case closed.

Regards,

Skippy.

Top Bottom