Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hey everyone!

I found someone where I live, though he is originally from England, who is an avid Amiga user! I picked up a 1084S monitor and an Amiga 1000 from him for a great price. The only problem is that the keyboard has not aged well and is missing the F9 key.

So, I am looking for either an F9 key from an Amiga 1000 keyboard or another keyboard altogether. I'd really appreciate any help I can get tracking these down.

Thanks,

Heather

tone007

Frozen
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
no longer on AmiBay
Re: Wanted: F9 Key for A1000 Keyboard

Wow, sounds like your place is going to start looking like mine soon (and probably a bunch of other AmiBay members' places as well.) Sorry I can't help with the F9 key though.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

Wow, sounds like your place is going to start looking like mine soon (and probably a bunch of other AmiBay members' places as well.)
Umm, :oops: yes. It is getting a bit crowded. I got into a huge retro kick and wanted to get one of every kind of retro hardware that I owned at one time or another. Right now, I'm attempting to set everything up (I'll post pictures after it's done). I've got some stuff I haven't even had a chance to test since I have no space.

Of course, I went out at lunch today and picked up a bag of Super Nintendo stuff from someone. Oh well, I'm having fun!

I may have found someone on Amiga.org with a keyboard. I sent her an offer so I may end up getting that. I would still like to get a key for the current one, even if I get a full replacement keyboard.

Thanks!

Heather

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

@ Heather

If you want your stuff to look really pristine, as if it's just come out of the box, check out the Retr0brite thread, the de-yellowing of plastics has been cracked.

Check out this for 8 hours Retr0brite treatment of a 23-year old Commodore 64...and they said it couldn't be done....this was an extreme experiment I did to prove what could be done.

[attachment=0:3t38xy2r]after eight hours.jpg[/attachment:3t38xy2r]

I think that is proof that we have kicked the problem's butt..... science abuse rules!!

Attachments

• after eight hours.jpg
    after eight hours.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 1

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

That is amazing! I'm definitely going to try it out. I need to figure out where to buy the ingredients and the lamp here in the States.

Thanks!

Heather

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

@ SdG

Apparently, you can get Peroxide as something called "Urine Rescue" in the states, or possibly from a hardresser's supplies. Any laundry booster with "Oxy" in the title should work; the major one in the UK is called Vanish Oxy Action.

tone007

Frozen
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
no longer on AmiBay

Yeah, around here (US) I picked up some liquid (not the cream kind) peroxide at the Sally Beauty Supply shop for a couple of dollars a quart and got a strong fluorescent "lizard" UV light tube at Petco or Petsmart (that was the expensive part, around $30.)

2 days or so in a bath under the light and my A1000 keyboard (which was moderately yellowed) looked as good as new.

Sandman

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Kent, WA USA

Just a FYI,

The peroxide cream or liquid treatment works great on white cases & keys but please just be careful with the 'brown'/'grey' function keys. I found out the hard way that it is easy to 'overcook' them and end up with a non-consistent mottled looking part. Your mileage may vary! :roll:

Tim

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

@Sandman: Me too, mate. Me too. :cry:

SkydivinGirl