Status
Not open for further replies.

morcar

Banned
Country
UK
Region
Wales, UK
Just thought I would warn you all in the UK to be carefull.

A sales person come to my fathers house and said he had to change from his ISP because they was getting bought out by Talk Talk. Now my dad as he is told them where to go and phoned his ISP and they didnt hear anything of the like.

Few days back they came to my door and said that both BT and AOL were getting bought out by Talk Talk and i said it was total B*ll*cks and to f**k off.

Have to say they were proper sales people from Talk Talk as i phoned them and gave them a right going over too, but they weren't very well dressed....

You have been warned.

Edited by Merlin for potentially offensive term used.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
It is really bad that such scammers are allowed to exist. For those of us more clued up we can see straight though these ploys and tell them to get lost. But the elderly, other vulnerable groups, or technophobes who don't understand the technology they can easily be taken in by these people.

In doing this, they are feeding you false information whilst representing a company. I'm sure this is illegal and something that those who control and watch over the UK ISPs would like to hear about to get it stopped.

I'm not sure, but is Otelo the organisation responsible for this? http://www.otelo.org.uk/

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Sounds like a scammer tbh. Have you informed the Police?

Kin

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ Harrison

I would have thought either Oftel or Ofcom were the people to report these sorts of matters to. BBC Watchdog would probably want to know about this too.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I mentioned Otelo because they are the Ofcom approved ombudsman service for public communications providers, and this covers all telecommunications services, including ISPs, mobile and landline networks.

morcar

Banned
Country
UK
Region
Wales, UK
not yet but believe me its going to happen today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom