Weird A3000 Rom issue

desantii

Banned
Country
Chicago
I recently purchased an A300 that is one of the early models, rev 6.1 MB

I tried upgrading the roms but get no boot.

if i have the original roms (with a sticker printed on them "Copyright 1990 CAI Alpha 5 Rom1 CS=9821 and Copyright 1990 CAI Alpha 5 Rom0 CS=9713) the machine works fine. If I use a set of 2.04 roms or even another set of 1.4roms all I get is a black screen. Any ideas?

thanks

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
From all the comments others gave about the A3000 my guess is there are roms to put in the rom tower and roms to put in the last two slots. Anyhow I've bought roms for the tower and had to put them in the rom tower.

Are you sure you've got the right rom ?

desantii

Banned
Country
Chicago
This one has two sets of sockets, the original roms work in any socket, I am trying with 1V5, 2.04 and 3.1 and none work in any socket. FYI this one has no ROM tower

Last edited:

TheRogue

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! 100110!
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Vancouver, British Columbia
Your problem is the lack of a ROM tower I would bet. You will need one to use newer ROMs in the machines with two sets of sockets. To be absolutely sure though, what is your motherboard revision?

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Another not-so-funny thing about the A3000 is the 2.0x ROM are wrongly labelled, so put ROM0 in ROM1 place and try again.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
TheRogue is tellling what I did not dare to tell you, since I am not sure at all :blink: But it would be the best guess I think ... :whistle:

The only thing I can say is my roms did not work without rom tower.. And softhut had roms to put in directly the mobo slots too.

Top Bottom