What are you listening to at the moment?

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I've been listening to a lot of Lissie, Lady Antebellum, The Pierces, First Aid Kit, and just started listening to Echosmith.

Then last night I was exploring a lot on Spotify, which I do fairly often to discover something new. and rediscovered Arcade Fire, whom I'd forgotten about, and via them discovered Metric. I knew a few Metric songs, but really enjoyed their last album last night, Synthetica.

I ended the evening listening to PJ Harvey.. and discovered her collaboration with Josh Homme's "The Desert Sessions" project, featuring on Volumes 9 and 10. Well worth listening to.

I think on my way to work today I might listen to some Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine and The Pixies.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I'm listening to a whiring noise from my new frost free fridge freezer.

Mrs Fitz bought it and it's too big for the space in the Kitchen, not a b ig deal as we're going to do a new kitchen in the near future but it means the FF is now sitting in my back room just opposite where I sit at the PC in the space formerly occupied by my HiFi system.

On a serious note, I've not listened to any new music in a long time. I might take some inspiration from this thread.

MartinW

Country
UK
Region
West Somerset
I was about to put "The Downward Spiral" on by NIN. But then my Mrs just popped her head in the office and ask if I mind her putting the hoover on. So I guess I'll have to delay my musical delights for now. Also bought some best of CD by My Chemical Romance when we were in HMV yesterday too so will listen to that after as well.

soeter04

Country
Netherlands
Region
NH
Going through endless collections of reggae and ska albums. Like every working day (won't have the time to listen to it all at home) :D

Today's pleasant surprise: Lacksley Castell's last album called "Princess Lady"

ndial

Country
Greece
Region
Athens
Call me unexciting...but I m listening compilations of Amiga game music an hour a day when back home through my studio monitors...:D
i.e. Turrican series level tunes are just awesome when properly ... encoded...

Nobby_UK

Country
England
Region
Liverpool, Lancs
Old fart that I am:

The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac

to be followed by:
Steely Dan - Greatest Hits

ndial

Country
Greece
Region
Athens
picking the best music to me for relaxing is Chillout music - Cafe del Mar etc
but still....Amiga tunes are ok enough... (of cource I m not talking about Cardiaxx title etc) :LOL:
Amiga_hifi_retroshowcase.jpg

Last edited:

ColourWheel64

Banned
Country
none
Region
none
Did anyone happen to hear the new Prodigy album on Zane Lowe's set? I went and missed it because I don't really like his 'haters gonna hate' style lol.

Serves me right for being so judgemental of Zane Lowe lol

Is the Prodigy album any good?

I went to see them live a couple of years back for their Warriors dance festival and they totally rocked. Even their new stuff that I wasn't so keen on until I heard it live.

I'm considering getting the album if it's any good.

The grey hairs are really showing though so I kinda shy away from going to music shops to listen to the latest CDs.

CDs lol. God I'm so 1990!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom