What did you get?

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
So what did everyone get for Christmas?

I got a new tablet from my wife. A Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1. Really nice tablet. Very thin, not too heavy and very high resolution display (2560x1600). Near identical specs to the new Tab S other then 2GB ram instead of 3. And only £229 in Currys.

Other than that I got a wrist watch from my mother-in-law which was broken, an illustrated history of video games, and just general things like socks, after shave etc.

soeter04

Country
Netherlands
Region
NH
We don't really celebrate christmas with gifts, but i did get myself a Mega Duck with 12 game cartridges :D

telonio

Country
Greece
Region
Athens
We don't celebrate Christmas with gifts either. Though I did get myself another classic A500 with 2 joysticks, about 50 disks with games and a Commodore 1084 monitor. ;)

DojoDan

Blogger
Country
UK
Region
West Midlands
Wth is a Mega Duck!?! Sounds awesome! Santa bought me Agent Under Fire for the GC, and Zelda The Minish Cap for GBA. The 007 game I had back in the day and I enjoyed it a lot, very cheap for Santa. Also the current issue of Retro Gamer (great Blood article) and All About Space, with all things, erm, spacey. I bought Leverage Season 2 and Justified Season 2 for my Sis + Brother in law because I got them seasons 1 last year and they enjoyed it. I only mention because they bought me Leverage S2 + S3!

NinjaRabbit

Video Game Merchandise Collector
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
South Gloucestershire
Wth is a Mega Duck!?! Sounds awesome!
If I may answer, it's a lesser-known handheld from the Game Boy era, with a similar sort of screen, with many of its games made by the company best known by the name of Sachen (infamous for their unlicensed NES and Game Boy titles). It also has a decently-competent Lemmings knock-off in its library. ;)

As for myself, amongst other things, I was lucky enough to receive some neat retro gaming-related gifts, including a 3D-printed sandstone lemming (in colour), a set of floppy disk-shaped silicone coasters, a retro one-button joystick-styled combination headphone tidy and phone stand, and some dice (a new set of storytelling dice for my collection of those, along with a pair of dice geared for picking numbers for the UK National Lottery - which I don't play often but prefer to use dice for when I do - and a little bag of chocolate dice, which were lovely). :)

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
Santa got me an early gift.

Electrocoin Arcade machine with Jamma 600 in 1 pcb

but on xmas day, 3 dreamcast controllers (yes she went in to a 2nd hand shop nice surprise so its a 4 player virtual tennis on the cards),
a really nice air mouse for my "plex" setup, Rii mini i25 :)

usual chocolates and aftershave stuff.

We was proud to get my lad a mint boxed Game & watch Donkey Kong 1982. with all the contents & leaflets :)

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
just some cash and gift cards, so i ordered the Imperial Assault game that i wanted....probably use one of the gift cards i got to help pay for a 5/6TB storage drive later in Jan. when i get paid again.

johnim

VIP
Country
England
Region
birmingham
i had from family

3 lots of socks
3 lots of the same deodorant sets(i must smell)
another superman t-shirt
a superman shower gel set
a green hoodie from the mother in law
a Microlight Flying Lesson

i got myself

2 lots of superman pants
and some socks

Asus H81i-PLUS itx 1150 mobo
Pentium K G3258 1150 cpu
8GB Patriot 2133Mhz RAM
2 x 4gb

Canon 1200d dslr camera
bag cor camera
2 16gb sd cards
18-55mm lens
75-300mm lens
50mm 1.8 lens
2 spare batteries

a new mattress for the bed :)

waiting to come a zotac 9300 itx mobo 775 socket
with 4300 cpu and 2 gb ram ready for a q6600 to go in with a 760 and 4gb ram

Last edited:

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
My best Christmas present was my Mum getting through cancer surgery just before Christmas. She had half a lung and a lymph node removed and she's on the mend, although her recovery is slower than she would like.

I'm not big on gifts, but a 1Tb hard drive that I got will come in handy.

johnim

VIP
Country
England
Region
birmingham
Dave that's great news mate and definitely the best prezzie

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ Harrison

I have a theory about after shave. I believe that there is a finite amount of after shave in the Universe and it gets passed around from person to person over the years. It's perfectly possible that you could eventually get a bottle of Hai Karate, Brut or Old Spice given back to you, that you gave as a present to somebody else a few years earlier, just to see the back of it. Similarly with women, some of the more naff perfumes like Tweed, Charlie etc. get passed around too.

CrazyC

Damn these amiga bills keep adding up
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Kent
I got the joy of my 7 and 9 year old daughters discovering 2 player dynablaster and the squeals of excitement (especially when Daddy blows himself up by accident) are a joy to hear. Never thought I would be so happy to hear my kids yelling "Die Daddy, Die!" though.
Even the wife has had a go - the 4 player adapter is now in the post.......just got to check I have enough working joysticks.....
Now even my kids show some appreciation for the Miggy!
Brilliant.

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
This made me chuckle - a lot...

Frozenstuff.jpg

:LOL:

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
I treated myself to a Wii-U and new XB360 as well as a Cyclone X4 Android box (which I can't decide if I like). I always tell people not to bother as you can't expect people to buy gifts for you when the cheapest things you want are over £200, still my mother bought me a horrid Christmas jumper I will smuggle out of the house without ever wearing :)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
I had a UCS X Wing Fighter Lego model from the Mrs...massive bloody thing lol.

My mom gave me slippers, daughter gave me after shave and a shower set...

But during december i brought myself, ssshh

Marshall Vintage Modern Valve Amplifier head, 50 glorious Watts of KT66 grunt and growl...vicious ba$tard.
Gibson ES339 in Cherry Red.....
And i finally finished building my Bitsocaster, scalloped maple neck, embedded Roland GR controller and Duncan pickups....

Plus an Altera DE1 development board from the US very damn cheap.

I must have been a bloody good lad this year lol.

:)

sunos4

Country
UK
Region
Scotland
I got an ACA1233 for my A1200. :D

My wife asked me why I spend so much money on Amiga's.
Because they are fun, I said.
I then spent a frustrating couple of hours to get WHDLoad working on it, to no avail.
Doesn't sound like fun to me, she said.
It's more fun than trying to beat level 233 of Charm King or whatever game you have been stuck on for 3 days. Like you, I will get there eventually.
Point taken, she said.
I hate having to justify my hobby!

Last edited:
Top Bottom