Status
Not open for further replies.

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Okay, this is an innocent attemt at making a charicature description of various amiga forums. Please add you own, it'll be fun to see how much they match.

Remember, each to his own opinion.

AmiBay:
Hi, I once bought something for a computer I love, but now I've fallen in love with some fellas. We hold hands and say pretty things to eachother now.

Amiga.org:
Because I started out there, and it's cool to tell returners to the fold that Elbox suxx and that we're the only true Amiga community.

Moobunny:
I sleep with a tinfoil hat so that Bill Gates can't steal my designs for a new super Amiga which I've built together with aliens.

AmigaWorld.net:
I came through the wormhole over norway to work as a lawyer on the Hyperion team in London City, the case is over you say? Well, it doesn't stop me from debating the case to death.

ClassicAmiga:
We've got lots of content, because we can. We're classy, and classy people doesn't post much.

Aros-exec.org:
What do you mean it's not Amiga?? Look, we can run anything better that you can! Oh, no - not on that hardware. Are you sure that you don't have an 1995 PC?

MorphZone.org:
Silence! Sssshhh. Do not disturb the programmer. He's coding while we're posting about how cool it is to have awesome 7 year old PPC hardware, we have the world at our feet now! Whaddaya mean Apple is Intel?

English Amiga Board:
w3 4r 50hxx0r 31i73! We do not even talk, we shreak like dolphins to each other in binary code. If we wanted, we could build a new Amiga with direct fuel injection into a 68080 core with nano flux incapicators. Oh, and don't ask Toni about PPC in WinUAE.

---
Now, I love all of these forums/sites. And even though I might have been hard on some of them, it all comes from love! :p

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
What about a1k.org?

@ Arnljot

arnjot said:
AmiBay:
Hi, I once bought something for a computer I love, but now I've fallen in love with some fellas. We hold hands and say pretty things to each other now.

Tread carefully; an American president once said "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." I find a Lawgiver 2 gets the job done quicker....:whistle:

;)

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
AmiBay:
Hi, I once bought something for a computer I love, but now I've fallen in love with some fellas. We hold hands and say pretty things to eachother now.

even i'm not sure if i should be offended by this :wooha:

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Well, doesn't seem like I master irony. Perhaps mods should then just lock this thread.

I'm sorry if I offended you.

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Irony? Is that something containing iron?

Example:

Norwegians
People with a strange fascination for smothering everything they eat with mayonnaise, and think that the price of a beer should be equal to the national debt of a South American country.

:whistle:

Marcb

AmiBayer
Country
Australia
Region
Sydney
I thought irony was like rain on your wedding day, a black fly in your chardonnay and say ... a free ride when you've already paid?

Or a song about irony that doesn't contain irony? Now that's subtle genious :roll:

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
Irony? Is that something containing iron?

Example:

Norwegians
People with a strange fascination for smothering everything they eat with mayonnaise, and think that the price of a beer should be equal to the national debt of a South American country.

:whistle:

Reminds me of the delciously-looking baguette I bought yesterday with smoked salmon and salad. So when I put my teeth into it, mayonnaise came pouring out. I can understand scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, but mayo? ick.

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Reminds me of the delciously-looking baguette I bought yesterday with smoked salmon and salad. So when I put my teeth into it, mayonnaise came pouring out. I can understand scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, but mayo? ick.

The prosecution rests, your Honour......;)

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg
You don't want to visit the Netherlands then. Nearly everything is covered in mayo here....

But then again, sheep's intestines for breakfast isn't all that haute cuisine either :roll:

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Sheeps intestines?

Nope; up North, we eat boiled up pig's blood, mixed with suet, oatmeal and barley, inside a length of intestine (otherwise known as Black Pudding).

Ingredients
2 litres blood
Casings, beef runners of large hog casings (optional)
3 onions, finely chopped
1 kg of suet or diced pork fat (back fat or bacon fat)
500ml double cream
500g oatmeal, soaked overnight in water)
500g barley, boiled in water for 30 minutes
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon mixed herbs or ground coriander
1 teaspoon black pepper or cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground mace

Soften the onions in a quarter of the fat, make sure that they do not colour. Add the rest of the fat and leave to slowly sweat for 10 minutes Add the oatmeal and cream and cook for a few minutes Add the rest of the ingredients and stir over a gentle heat for 5 minutes If you are using skins, these can now be filled and sealed with two knots. The puddings can then be poached in barely simmering water for 5 - 10 minutes.

Splitting is common, to avoid this prick the puddings with a needle and cook on the lowest possible simmer (better to cook them very, very slowly then to lose them). Any pudding which floats to the top should also be pricked, they are cooked when brown liquid comes out. They can then be drained and kept in a fridge for 1 - 2 weeks.

An easier method is to bake the pudding in an ovenproof container, and cook in a bain marie (by standing the tin in a larger tin half filled with water) in a low oven (160 degree or gas mark 2) for 1 - 2 hours until the mixture is firm to the touch. Make sure that the mixture has started to thicken and coat your stirring spoon (as with a custard) before pouring into the container and stir well first (this should ensure that the ingredients are evenly mixed). You can then cut slices and fry or bake.

Try it - you might be converted! It's very nice with a mixed grill!!

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Sheeps intestines?

Nope; up North, we eat boiled up pig's blood, mixed with suet, oatmeal and barley, inside a length of intestine (otherwise known as Black Pudding).

Ingredients
2 litres blood
Casings, beef runners of large hog casings (optional)
3 onions, finely chopped
1 kg of suet or diced pork fat (back fat or bacon fat)
500ml double cream
500g oatmeal, soaked overnight in water)
500g barley, boiled in water for 30 minutes
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon mixed herbs or ground coriander
1 teaspoon black pepper or cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground mace

Soften the onions in a quarter of the fat, make sure that they do not colour. Add the rest of the fat and leave to slowly sweat for 10 minutes Add the oatmeal and cream and cook for a few minutes Add the rest of the ingredients and stir over a gentle heat for 5 minutes If you are using skins, these can now be filled and sealed with two knots. The puddings can then be poached in barely simmering water for 5 - 10 minutes.

Splitting is common, to avoid this prick the puddings with a needle and cook on the lowest possible simmer (better to cook them very, very slowly then to lose them). Any pudding which floats to the top should also be pricked, they are cooked when brown liquid comes out. They can then be drained and kept in a fridge for 1 - 2 weeks.

An easier method is to bake the pudding in an ovenproof container, and cook in a bain marie (by standing the tin in a larger tin half filled with water) in a low oven (160 degree or gas mark 2) for 1 - 2 hours until the mixture is firm to the touch. Make sure that the mixture has started to thicken and coat your stirring spoon (as with a custard) before pouring into the container and stir well first (this should ensure that the ingredients are evenly mixed). You can then cut slices and fry or bake.

even easier is to buy it in Waitrose, it's better than the Tesco stuff :D

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
I thought irony was like rain on your wedding day, a black fly in your chardonnay and say ... a free ride when you've already paid?

Or a song about irony that doesn't contain irony? Now that's subtle genious :roll:

"It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife." No, that's not ironic, it's just annoying. Finding out afterwards that a spoon would have done; now that's ironic!

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

"It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife." No, that's not ironic, it's just annoying. Finding out afterwards that a spoon would have done; now that's ironic!

That reminds me of this:-

The Simpsons said:
I can see you've played knifey spooney before!!

Meanwhile, back on topic......:nod:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Black Pudding is unadulterated & totally sheer "barf" from this side of the fence. It's nothing more than Blood with other un-digestible cr4p thrown into the mix.

Major Heart attack risk ....eat ur heart out.... :nod:

Kin

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg

No thanks. I've tried it a few times when I was in Scotland last summer (yay Highlands Breakfasts!), but I liked haggis a lot better :). Black pudding tastes quite dull IMO....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom