Not open for further replies.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Re: What is your Favorite

Hard to pick one. Every model have his own charm.

I really love mine A1200 with custom-made tower (which I did myself), MediTator, Voodoo3, Blizzard 1260, etc. But I still very fond on my other miggys and even those I still don't own (1k, 3k, 3kT, 4k & 4kT). BTW: all my Amigas have an HD and some sort of Fast RAM, at least. :inlove:

RedDaemonFox

Amiga's enemy is my enemy!
AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901

yeah currently my only miggy is taking up space, need a 120v PSU or a converter for a 1200. BUT, I really want a few Big-Box ones, maybe a 1K and a 4K. :drool: I also need to look into getting an accelerator for my 1200, at least a 040 as I want web browsing that won't grind along :banghead: . I also have Amithlon, because as long as you have 68k E-uae and the proper hardware, virtually all 68k stuff can be used.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire

@J I don't think you need the '1200' in that sentence buddy. :jester:

It's a tricky one, they all have their charms, I find it hard to commit. Bit of an Amiga slapper TBH.
But, if pushed it would definitely be my 1200,
or my old 2000, or my 600, or my 500. Definitely one of those anyway. :D

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

I owned two different Amigas when they were still being produced, the A500 and A4000D. The A500 will always have a sentimental place in my heart, but the A4000 is still my favorite, even if it's not technically the best Amiga available.

Ciao!

Heather

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

I will always have a soft spot for the A600. :inlove:

I had a 2Mb one with a 40Mb (whoo!) hard drive back in the 90s. The hard drive cost a fortune and it always raised eyebrows at the local Amiga club as I was into Workbench almost as quick as the A1200 guys and A600s with hard drives weren't that common at the time. I actually liked it because it was small and compact and there were only a few games where the missing number key pad was a pain. I acquired the A600 by swapping it for a 2Mb A500+ I had originally, because I was so sick of the A520 adapter and the problems it caused; by comparison the A600 was so much more reliable.

[/fanboi off]
:laugh:

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce

^ wut he said :bowdown:

A600 was my first one too, and it's the cutest one of them Amy's :inlove:

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands

The 1000 with all the names inside, made you feel as if you were part of something special :)

...and I went and gave mine away a few years ago :Doh:

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg

I've owned almost all types of Amigas, but the A3000 has the best emotional value to me. I used one (it was my 3rd Amiga, following an A500 and A2000) for almost 10 years, running a BBS, visiting other BBSes, making lots of very amateuristic mods and assembly thingies and I used it for my first steps on the web (E-mail, Usenet, FTP, IRC and later on the www). I could still hit myself for practically giving it away in 2002, and I'm still thinking of getting myself another one (though I again owned two in the last 2 years, which I've sold again).

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

imnogeek said:
The 1000 with all the names inside, made you feel as if you were part of something special :)

...and I went and gave mine away a few years ago :Doh:

You know I went and did exactly the same in 1990 :Doh: :Doh:

The A1000 was indeed special and cosmetically the best, but AGA beats OCS anyday, my A1200 / A4000 040 Machines Rock my world!!!!

TC 8)

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

A4000T for me. But then the A4KD with G-REX is mentally awesome & not forgetting the A3KD, thats where the A4 series came from , even if without SCSI.

Kin

Puni/Void

AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Vestfold

It's not an easy choice, but my favourite is the Amiga 1200. The machine has nice design (at least in my opinion) and it is quite easy to upgrade. It's great for making and watching demos as well.

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK

A3000, without a doubt!
The built in scan doubler
The 68030
The awesome case design
The HD floppy drive
... all superb :)

OK, I know some of these are on the A4000, but I was into the Amiga pre-AGA and didn't get my first AGA Amiga until 2002 :shock:
All the games I like, don't use AGA and tbh, the Amiga has always been much more than a gaming platform for me.
Because of this, the A3000 gets my vote (followed a close second by the A500+ which was my first ever Amiga)

Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire

My favourite has got to be the old trusty A500.... mainly for nostalgic reasons and the fact that it was my first ever computer :D I cannot be without my A1200's either, but the A500 will always be my number 1 8)

Tahoe

Collector Extrodinaire
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Wilnis

A3000T for me, has all the advantages the 3000 has, and a kick-ass big case and power supply! :) It has the expansion room the 3000 misses (which is a close second for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom