What other ways can I find these elusive Commodore monitors?

Starglider

Retro YouTuber
Country
US&A
Region
CA
EDIT: FOUND!

Original thread:

Hi, aside from Amibay, eBay, or Craigslist - where for the life of me I can't find any of these monitors listed for the past month or two - does anyone have any advice on where to find one of them in the USA (NTSC)?

• Commodore 1084
• Commodore 1084S
• Commodore 1084S-D1
• Commodore 1084S-P1
• Commodore 1084S-P2
• Commodore 1902A

Ideally has:

• A "GREEN" switch for monochrome mode
• S-Video input (or similar)
• RGB input
• Composite input

Or any other monitor that does.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DutchinUSA

AmiBayer
Country
Unites States
Region
Wisconsin
I seen your ad and have several of those models but you said must have all of: and then you have "S-Video input" listed and I don't recall them having a "S-Video input" :)

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
Luma/Chroma is virtually (exactly?) the same as SVideo near as i can tell (i knocked up an RCAx2 -> SVideo adapter and it seemed to work fine, although there was no improvement in quality, in fact it was slightly grainier)

Last edited:

Starglider

Retro YouTuber
Country
US&A
Region
CA
Hey, I'm open to anything as long as I can connect these 3 nicely to it:

Amiga
C64
Apple //e (with green monochrome option)

Let me know!

Last edited:

edd_jedi

Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
As with most things in life, you'll wait ages to find one and then three will turn up. I spent literally months trying to find a nice 1940 for my A4000, and when I finally did a few popped up for sale! you just need to be patient with retro stuff.

Bryce

AmiBayer
Country
Germany
Region
Nordrhein Westfalen
How about one of the Sony PVM Series? Some of these have RGB, S-Video, VGA Composite and Component. They give a very nice retro picture (scanlines), but I'm ot sure if any of them have a "Green switch".

Bryce.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
The PVMs are definitely a great option but they definitely don't have a green switch. :)

Heather

Starglider

Retro YouTuber
Country
US&A
Region
CA
Yeah, I looked at my monitors and didn't see a "Green switch" .. 1902A, 1084S etc

Dutchin, I'm pretty sure the 1902A and 1084S-D2 and other variants has a green switch. You're looking under the front panel?

I really do need that option.

Last edited:

DutchinUSA

AmiBayer
Country
Unites States
Region
Wisconsin
Alrighty, I shall check under the front panel ;) Do you know what the option is called?

I don't currently have them hooked up since I ran out of "retro" space but if I were to sell any of them I would want to thoroughly test them first (y)

Starglider

Retro YouTuber
Country
US&A
Region
CA
Alrighty, I shall check under the front panel ;) Do you know what the option is called?

I don't currently have them hooked up since I ran out of "retro" space but if I were to sell any of them I would want to thoroughly test them first (y)
It usually just says "GREEN" ;)

Here's an example, far right button.
C1902A-1L.jpg

Last edited:

DutchinUSA

AmiBayer
Country
Unites States
Region
Wisconsin
haha .. don't rush me :) .. I will be busy again this coming weekend with one of my daughter's tournaments on Saturday and some ceremony/dinner stuff Sunday but I will try to find some time to get a machine hooked up to them/it for testing (y)

motrucker

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Annapolis, Maryland
There is a very active user group in California. Google them - I can't remember the name. I believe the point man is named Robert (something or other). I'll bet they can help.
Another idea, IF you are using an Amiga - use a SVGA monitor with a SD/FF. Sorry if this has already been discussed - and I missed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I'm open to anything as long as I can connect these 3 nicely to it:

Amiga
C64
Apple //e (with green monochrome option)

Let me know!
Now I see this post. You need a 1902, 2002, 1080, or a 1084S. Those are the Commodore versions. - there others. Don't get a 1902a though - they tend to break down, and don't have as good a display. Good luck in your search

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
I've a 1080 (NTSC), and it surely doesn't have a green switch option...

John58

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Teesside
Yeah, I looked at my monitors and didn't see a "Green switch" .. 1902A, 1084S etc

Dutchin, I'm pretty sure the 1902A and 1084S-D2 and other variants has a green switch. You're looking under the front panel?

I really do need that option.

No green switch on my 1084S-D2.
The green switch and digital RGB are 2 functions of the 1084S-D1 but missing on the 1084S-D2.

John

Last edited:
Top Bottom