What PS3 games do you recommend?

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
I've decided now is the best time to get my PS3 collection beefed up while the games are at giveaway prices. What do people recommend? i'm not interested in FPS games as for the most part they bore me and i've got a good PC if I want to play them and sport games are zzz too. Anything else is fair game, I will check out some play through vids to decide if I like your suggestions :) I already have every Guitar Hero game on the PS3 and GTA4 & 5 so don't need those. Acquiring God of War games now, they look very nice.

Last edited:

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
Split Second - Amazing Racer game and it also Hidden gem game too :)
GoldenEyes Reload - It like N64 Game but with better graphics !
God of wars Series - but it is hard game if you like the challanage :)

Last edited:

Barmyllama

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Tamworth
The Uncharted series.

Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, The Last Of Us, Little Big Planet Series, Journey, Heavenly Sword, Puppeteer, Sly Cooper, Gran Turismo 6, Infamous series, Motorstorm Series, 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Last edited:

theantmeister

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Hampshire
Whatever you do, AVOID Naughty Dog games. People will rave at you about Last of Us and Uncharted, but they are wrong. It is nothing but derivative, repetitive crap with some nice cutscenes and decent voice acting. Also, Heavenly Sword has great combat, but the boss fights are awful and Andy Serkis' gurning is out of control on this one.

I can't really recommend any PS3 exclusives (or at least stuff you can't play on PC) other than Gran Turismo 5.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Wipeout and Stardust. Both great on the PS3.

And if you like RPGs there are a lot of great ones on the PS3, although some will be harder to find and more collectable these days.

b00mer

Country
Slovenia
Region
Maribor
I second Uncharted series recommendation, I have replayed them countless times mostly due to good humor, nice level design, polished graphics, and puzzles that don't require cheating. :) They might not be theantmeister's favourite games but they are my favourites. I hated The Last of Us tough, I find it very boring. Other recommended PS3 exclusives (in order of awesomeness): God of War series, Beyond Two Souls, Journey, Heavy Rain. ICO and Shadow of Colossus HD remake is also very good. Other games that I have massively enjoyed: Brutal Legend, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, Tomb Raider, Darksiders series, Castlevania series, Diablo, Asura's Wrath, Dead Space series. Regarding other recommendations, I don't recommend Resident Evil 6 and Silent Hill Downpour, they are boring as hell and not scary at all.

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
ICO? The most Beautiful game ever with the Excellent Music

Resident Evil 6? I barely couldnt seen a things because it was too dark!

Last edited:

Arnie

Country
UK
Region
Leicester
I used to love the RE series, that was until you got lumbered with a useless sidekick. "A bunch of Zombie dogs are after us" "Quick jump up on the containers" No, the sidekick decides it's best to run after them, forcing you to save their skin. I swear if it didn't mean ending the game because your sidekick dies, I would have shot the sidekick myself.

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
These games that You should owned

aw2g06.png

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
Thanks for the suggestions, these are what I already own:

007 Quantum of Solace
3D Dot Game Heroes
Brutal Legend
Burnout Paradise Ultimate
Colin McRae Dirt
Driver San Francisco
Duke Nukem Forever
God Of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto V
Guitar Hero 3, 5, Aerosmith, Greatest Hits, Metallica, Van Halen, Warriors of Rock and World Tour
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots
Motorstorm
Ridge Racer 7
Rockband
Rockband The Beatles
Sega Rally
Street Fighter IV
Time Crisis 4
Time Crisis Razing Storm
Under Defeat HD

I've got Split Second Velocity, Need For Speed Shift, God Of War Collection and Originals Collection on the way in the post. I will probably get God of War Ascension as well soon to finish the set off. Does any body have any 2D shooters they can recommend? i'm really trying to find some more of the obscure titles to try that I think look good but there are just so many 1st and 3rd person shooters making them difficult to pick out. I need to make a big list to take to Play with me in a couple of weeks, gonna rock up with a few hundred and go mental if the prices are right.

Open to some Wii/U and 360 suggestions as well. I've got all of the Halo games, Gears of War and COD series already for 360 so definitely do not want any more fps games. For the Wii I hate motion control games which narrows things down a bit, I prefer to use gamecube controllers if the games support it.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Do you like RPGs? There are some really nice ones in the PS3.

Let's start with the obvious Final Fantasy games.

Valkyria Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles I and II
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Last Rebellion
The Last Remnant
Vandal Hearts: Flame of Judgement
Nier
Resonance of Fate
Eternal Sonata
Front Mission Evolved
Enchanted Arms
Untold Legends
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls 1 and 2
Child of Light
Persona 4
Trinity Series

For shooters definitely get Supet Stardust HD as it's a brilliant sequel to the Amiga original.
R-type Dimensions
Sine Mora
Pixeljunk Shooter
Raiden IV Overkill
Velocity Ultra

You also have:

Red Dead Redemption
The Last of Us
Hard Rain
LA Noire
Journey
ICO and Shadow of the Colossus collection
Ratchet and Clank games
Jak and Daxter Collection
Nights into Dreams (Saturn port)
Little Big Planet 1 and 2
Virtual Fighter 5
Dead or Alive 5
Tekken 6
Soul Calibur V

I've missed out most cross platform game series, such as Mass Effect, Resident Evil etc.

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
Sega Rally on PS 3 is really Hard game as you have put lots of effort and focus driving round the track without making mistake is really hard because if you do make mistake then they will be front of you then you are playing catch up! LOL

You got some amazing games there and as for shoot em up? I dont think there that many for ps 3 but keep looking :)

XBOX 360?

mommysbest.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/xbox-360-shoot-em-ups.html

p.s. there is more shoot em up on psone and ps 2 :)

Last edited:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
@AF I've lists a fair few shooters above. Most are cross platform though. But if you own a 360 then two of the biggest classic shoot-em-ups are available for download. Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga.

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
I've got dozens of shoot em ups on the PS1/PS2/PC Engine/SNES/DC etc, actually have Ikaruga twice on the Gamecube. I would like Radiant but I'd like the Saturn version but it costs waaaaay too much. On the 360 i've got Death Smiles and Akai Katana and a Japanese one I bought intending to get my machine modded but never got round to it. RPG's are okay but being honest I just don't get around to investing enough time into them, i've a load of classics to make a start with on the Snes and PS1 like Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, FF9, Chrono Cross (you get the idea). My latest buys have been Ghost Blade for the DC, Super Turrican 2 for the snes and Dodonpachi for PS1.

Last edited:

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
What about arcade ports like Metal Slug 3?

I've got Metal Slug Anthology on Wii :) I've also got 3 and 5 on PS2 which I guess I don't really need now. God of War games and NFS Shift arrived this morning.

theantmeister

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Hampshire
ICO? The most Beautiful game ever with the Excellent Music
Very true. Ico is a joy to play. There's a fantastic mood to it and the puzzles aren't too abstract. The only blemish on it is the terrible piston jump puzzle that suffers from the most ridiculous physics I've seen in a game in a long time, but that's only one small bit.

Shadow of the Colossus OTOH... I'm playing through it at the moment and I can't say I'm enjoying it as much. It still has the atmosphere, but the gameplay gets incredibly tedious. Especially by the 10th colossus or so. It just feels like you're doing the same thing over and over. There is a bit of variation between colossi, but there only seems to be two or three types that repeat.

Overral, I would definitely recommend the HD remake double pack.

Also, if you like Metal Gear Solid, you can't go wrong with the legacy collection Konami did. Not the HD one with three games, but the Legacy collection with Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Edition and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition. Although, some of those are digital download only.

Juri

Country
Italy
Region
Tuscany
Top Bottom