AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Bucks
yeah but what could this mean:

"
COMMODORE USA APPOINTS KOREY KAY & PARTNERS

NEW YORK, NY and FT. LAUDERDALE, FL September 14, 2010 – Commodore USA announced today the selection of Korey Kay & Partners as its Agency of Record for Branding and Creative Development. Projected budget: $30 million.
After a three month agency search, Commodore USA President and Chairman Barry Altman selected the New York based agency to create and produce the integrated marketing programs for all Commodore USA brands, including Commodore and Amiga computers."

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
It means nothing apart from a company being hired to promote the brand Commodore USA.

IIRC the 'Amiga' brand is still copyrighted and as such they cannot use it. The usage of it in your previous message must be a typo as their machine is called the 'Amigo'

[Edit]

For the prices they are charging on their systems, you could go out and buy a custom made all-singing and all-dancing PC and still have change for a meal deal at your local burger shop.

ChrisUnionNJ

We Will Never Forget..
Country
USA
Region
Union,NJ
It means nothing apart from a company being hired to promote the brand Commodore USA.

IIRC the 'Amiga' brand is still copyrighted and as such they cannot use it. The usage of it in your previous message must be a typo as their machine is called the 'Amigo'

[Edit]

For the prices they are charging on their systems, you could go out and buy a custom made all-singing and all-dancing PC and still have change for a meal deal at your local burger shop.

It's no typo they also got the Lic for the Amiga name from Amiga Inc.:wooha::wooha:

Chris :coffee:

Phipscube

WipEout Fanboi
Country
Denmark
Region
Ringsted
I've been watching "Commodore" USA for nearly a year now.... and its quite worrying to see they got the Amiga name... Could this be some kind of attempt from the last dying threads of Amiga Inc to cause upset with the currently strong bond between Hyperion/A-Eon/Acube and their progress with the REAL Amiga OS/Hardware? I have wondered.

The already fragmented Amiga scene is going to get even more so. I believe Amiga OS should go X86, but this is crazy. The thing I hate the most about this is that they offer the machine with many OS'es, but Windows is one of them! Thats just criminal. These machines just use the Commodore (and now Amiga) name to brand bog standard PC keyboard cases. I don't for one second believe they will make that "Dream" Amiga they have a picture of on their site and sell it with AROS. If they DO make it, and its AROS ONLY, then well.....I might be inclined to take a look for AROS use, but.... mmmmm.... that website looks so bad... not sure i'd see a product appear at my door after I part with my money.

ChrisUnionNJ

We Will Never Forget..
Country
USA
Region
Union,NJ
I think Amiga Inc has only the name they can make money on now plus it
would be a nice zinger to Hyperion...(y)

Chris :coffee:

Top Bottom