What's happening over at Amiga Kit?

Aeberbach

Country
Australia
Region
Victoria
they do seem to be making a concerted effort to rectify some of the communication failings of the past

When all these trade marks are relinquished maybe then communication can begin to restore some kind of credibility. Until then actions speak much louder than words.

"A4000", "A1200", "A600" and "AMIGA STORE" are still the registered trade marks of AmigaKit.

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
Apparently Matt's account was banned. In any event it was already known (and mentioned) that Amigakit staff still visit the Amibay forum so this is not anything new or surprising. I assume the account mods were dealing with at the time of the infraction (Matt's?) would have been banned, but don't see why this ban would extend to another users personal account just because they happened to have a connection with Amigakit as long as they were not directly connected with the actions resulting in the first account ban and are not actively advertising/selling on the forum under the Amigakit name... then surely it is just a personal account unrelated to the original ban?

... can a mod confirm if this is correct?
Amigakit was banned as a commercial vendor due the the poor reputation and ignoring staff & members messages, i think no personal individual accounts where banned by me anyway.

I personally would love amigakit to succeed. They really need some sort of customer relations / enquiries department and stock control shake up.

The repeated issues members faced with them was radio silence even months after an order was placed and items showing as in stock for immediate despatch when in fact they had 0 stock and you was placed unknowingly on a pre-order/waiting list never to be informed or responded to.

Seemingly the only way to get Amigakits attention was to place a chargeback on your payment. Very poor admin/customer relations and the ONLY reason why as a company they are not welcome here. We just can’t in good faith recommend them until they sort out their problems which has been many years and still not resolved.

Last edited:

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
Only the business account was banned.

Personal accounts were not banned.

Jameson

Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
Just wanted to post a POSITIVE story! Placed another order with Amigakit and my order was posted within the week and received very quickly.

Hopefully this might be indicative of things going forward.

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
Again not too sounds like a broken record but

Their ONLY problem is communication and stock levels on the web portal creating months in radio silence.

As long as the website says preorder instead of instock disappointing the buyer and actually replying to queries or even if god forbid if its not actually instock after payment when the order is being processed, contact the buyer offering them either to wait or a refund like any other business I’ve dealt with. I’ve even had phone calls giving me that exact offer from business’s that had no stock after checkout.

I do wish them every success but i just don’t trust them when I order something if i would get it in a week or 6 months with no reply to emails.

Jameson

Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
Again not too sounds like a broken record but

Their ONLY problem is communication and stock levels on the web portal creating months in radio silence.

As long as the website says preorder instead of instock disappointing the buyer and actually replying to queries or even if god forbid if its not actually instock after payment when the order is being processed, contact the buyer offering them either to wait or a refund like any other business I’ve dealt with. I’ve even had phone calls giving me that exact offer from business’s that had no stock after checkout.

I do wish them every success but i just don’t trust them when I order something if i would get it in a week or 6 months with no reply to emails.
Totally agree, from my limited personal experience anyway.

I should add that before placing my latest order I contacted Amigakit customer support and asked them to confirm the items WERE in fact in stock and ready to be posted. I received a reply the same day (there is a 9 hour difference in timezone between Australia and the UK) confirming the items were in stock. I then placed my order and received an order confirmation within a few hours, my order weas posted within the week and arrived a little over a week later. So a BIG difference from some of my previous order experiences.

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
That’s fabulous but would you have had the same speedy response ( if at all ) if the item was out off stock. From the experience of our members i world hazard a guess of NO. That’s where they fall down

qz3fwd

Country
United States
Region
Michigan
And a sample size of 1 does not mean they have seen the light of their errors and changed their behavior. Hopefully this will be the norm but history suggest otherwise.

Jameson

Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
Just wanted to update. Have placed a couple more orders with Amigakit and they have been promptly processed and delivered. Items were impeccably packaged and arrived quickly.

Hoping others are seeing a similar vast improvement in service and would love to hear from others who have ordered from Amigakit over the past few months.

ptyerman

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Nottinghamshire
I've not ordered from their store for a few years now, however I have recently had a couple of orders from their store on Etsy and received the items very promptly and well packaged.
They also list items on there that are not listed on the Amigakit store. I will definitely use them again in the future from that source.

Jameson

Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
....and another positive update. Latest order placed on 1st of September..... and posted with tracking number the same day!

The guys really seem to have sorted their s&$t out. Experience for my last several orders has been nothing short of fantastic, good communication and VERY prompt postage - fingers crossed this will be the norm going forward.

Boing-ball

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
Just to say. I’ve used Amigakit off and on etc.. I’ve had in the past, experienced these issues that others have mentioned. It is down to the lack of staffing.
When I last spoke to Chris over the phone, he did mention more staff were being hired to take up the issues. Don’t forget though ordering through their Etsy or EBay store they have to meet postage times or get hammered by bad feedback or Buyer protection. But you do pay a little bit more for that privilege.
It’s always been said to me over on other Forums, that these Amiga sellers/resellers can be small man bands and that the Amiga is a specialty item, therefore don’t expect Curry’s/PC world experience.
To be fair, like others, have ordered stuff through the Amigakit website and received it a couple of days later.

Watson

Forth Year Navvie
Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Nottingham
I placed an order on Monday for items that were said to be in stock and as of today the order status is still pending.

I have placed many orders in the past and had the items in hand within a few days, so i think it is still hit and miss when placing an order.

Boing-ball

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
I placed an order on Monday for items that were said to be in stock and as of today the order status is still pending.

I have placed many orders in the past and had the items in hand within a few days, so i think it is still hit and miss when placing an order.
Over on Amiga.org it has been made known they had a system outage. I’ll mention it to them over there for you 👍🏻

Jameson

Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
I have had four more orders in the past few months from Amigakit - every order was posted within a couple of days of being placed and arrived well packaged and in a timely manner. Hopefully this outtage will be resolved quickly.

Boing-ball

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
I have had four more orders in the past few months from Amigakit - every order was posted within a couple of days of being placed and arrived well packaged and in a timely manner. Hopefully this outtage will be resolved quickly.
I’m under the impression it’s now resolved. Nothing stopping you from ordering. 👍🏻

Top Bottom