DSCF8341.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 0

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Looks like it could be an external connector for a parallel card.

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
It's a parallel / Printer port cable for an old type AT Form factor motherboard,

TC ;)

clueless

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
West Yorkshire
ooooooooooh, how exciting - bin it is then! :D

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Noooooooo!

Keep it for some hackering. You can make your own serial adapter adding one more 9-pin connector on the other side of a 7-wires cable (no more than 2m, please) or even hack the connector to make your own RGB connector.

clueless

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
West Yorkshire
my hackery skills are severely lackering. Well you never know, i may well one day try - although my one attempt failed, couldnt even even solder a simple DB9 plug. :oops:

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I agree with arnljot in pc times with AT standards not ATX this part was common. You had to put the serial ports and printer ports with that kind of cable in the case and connect it to the i/o isa card , it came with the isa controller cards... Com ports and Printer ports where on the "heavy" metal parts..

I still remember how bad I felt, and others to, thinking throwing a motherboard away because of a bad port, (since it is on the mobo for years now) but must admid a blown port never happened :wooha:, exept a ps/2 connector with usb escape solution..:D

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
If it isn't already pin number correct, it could also be used/hacked for a Blizzard SCSI cable. ;)

Could be a tad short tho'. :unsure:

Kin

Top Bottom