WHDLoad and Wireless Run / Stop commands

Rodpulsar

Country
France
Region
Paris
Hi guys,

I am trying to make my WHDLoad 18 as stable as possible, especially because of my Subway and PCMCIA Wifi card.

For the Poseidon (Subway), it now works :

1 - My user-startup contains :

;BEGIN Poseidon
ENVARC:psdStackloader
;END Poseidon

2 - My WHDLoad-Startup contains :

;stop Poseidon USB-stack
C:AddUSBHardware REMOVE ALL

3 - My WHDLoad-Cleanup contains :

;start Poseidon USB-stack
ENVARC:psdStackloader

Now for the TCP, I use an Orinoco Gold with WirelessManager + prism2.device, and MiamiDX

I only launch Miami when I intend to go surfing or reach my Synology in SMB. BUT my Orinoco is always ON (green light on it). Because of that every WHDLoad program stops after a fewminutes. After a lot of tests it appears that it is because of the Wireless Manager command line in my user startup :

;BEGIN WirelessManager
RUN <>NIL: C:WirelessManager prism2.device
;END WirelessManager

I suppose I will have to add the same command in WHDLoad-Cleanup, but what can I add in WHDLoad-startup to OFF this WirelessManager device plz ?

Thanks to you all :)

timmie

Country
Netherlands
Region
Utrecht
I have it fixed for WHDLoad 17 in my Startup and cleanup. But I don't have access to my A1200 now. If I don't forget I'll look it up tonight.

timmie

Country
Netherlands
Region
Utrecht
I'm using AmiTCP as part of Amigakit's Easynet. I believe that's an older version of AmiTCP.

This is the line in my WHDLoad startup:
AmiTCP:bin/offline DEV=devs:networks/prism2.device UNIT=0

This is the line in my WHDLoad cleanup:
AmiTCP:bin/online DEV=devs:networks/prism2.device UNIT=0

Of course this should be different for Miami, but hopefully similar. No idea whether there is a Miami assign and whether the commands online and offline are the same. You can first try the commands in a shell. Good luck.

More info here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=76681

Rodpulsar

Country
France
Region
Paris
Ok thanks a lot ! Effectively now that I have the correct syntax, I am gonna make some tries.
(AmiTCP must be asssigned, I think Miami is too. If not I will do it then find the equivalent of bin/online. With a bit of luck it's in the docs, RTFM etc lol)

I will tell you if it's ok for capitalization ;)

Last edited:

CrazyC

Damn these amiga bills keep adding up
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Kent
Hi,
I am currently looking for the commands to include in the WHDLOAD startup script to stop the network problems that arise if I start WHDLOAD after having opened Miami (even if I have since closed it) and was wondering if you resolved this. I am using a wired PCMCIA network card but any hints would be great.

Top Bottom