WHDLoad Help PLS!

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
Rotherham' South Yorkshire.
Hi all... Just a couple of questions for ya lol...

Iv downloaded WHDload both dev & usr and drag and dropped them on the a1200 but theres no install file there :(
(Im running WB 3.0)

What am i missin guys lol...???
Cheers all' AGAIN!! lol

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
They have to be de-archived using LHA.

You can get the necessary files here http://aminet.net/util/arc/lha.run

Copy the file to the Amiga RAM disk and run it. It will decompress into several files and then you can proceed to move LHA to your C: directory on the hard drive.

IIRC the proper syntax for the lha command is as follows: LHA -x 'file' 'destination'

E.G. LHA -x WHDLOAD_USR.lha RAM:

It's been a while since I last did LHA stuff in the CLI as Directory Opus usually handles all archives on my miggy so the above might need correcting from somebody lol :)

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
I always forget and is surprised that I need an extra archive not on the whdload pages.

It's not really whdload per se which needs it, but it's the slaves (install files for games).

http://www.whdload.de/docs/en/need.html

http://www.aminet.net/util/boot/skick346.lha

Kickstart Emulation

Some installs use a so called kickemu to have a complete AmigaOS environment for the installed program. For that kickemu a original kickstart image is required. This image can be extracted from a real Amiga with tools like GrabKick or similar which can be found on aminet. The supported image version depends on the installed program. You should find an information about which image must be used in the supplied ReadMe file. The image for kickstart versions 1.2 and 1.3 can only extracted from a appropriate A500, for version 3.1 it can be extracted from a A500/A600/A2000, A1200 or A4000 which must be equipped with a Kick3.1 ROM. If the image cannot be found by WHDLoad or the image is of the wrong version or altered in any way, WHDLoad will quit with an appropriate error message. Additionally a relocation file with the extension .RTB matching the kickstart image must be present. This relocation file can be found on aminet in the archive util/boot/skick346.lha. Both files, the kickstart image and the relocation file must be located in the directory Devs:Kickstarts/ and must have the correct name. The following table shows the names of the files depending on the kickstart version:

Starting WHDLoad version 16.5 also the kickstart images from the Cloanto Amiga Forever CD's may be used. The images must be renamed according the table below. Additionally the rom.key must be copied to Devs:Kickstarts/. Some older installs require a kick40068.A1200 image these installs wont run with the Cloantos ROMs.
Amiga Forever 2008 also includes the kick40068.A1200 and the images are automatically copied to the right places.

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Hi Arnljot, on the extract it says the kickstart from Amiga Forever can be used but mentions a table - could you post the table please as I need to do that to make some games work using my Amiga Forever Kicks.

Also - @Phil1978 make sure that if you have the registered version of WHDLoad that you put your "keyfile" somewhere like C: or S:

Cheers

John

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
Rotherham' South Yorkshire.
Cheers guys' You are all a fantastc help! Much appreciated...

But as i only had 4hours sleep last night and i will prob have to read this again (a fews times lol) let me pls get some thing ironed out
1. I unpack WHDload and trancfer to amiga' But theres a few files in whdload' autodoc.c.doc.extras.src ect ect ect you get the picture ;) Do i just put the (unpacked) WHDload on the amiga or do i need to place the other folders and files somewhere else??? Pls speak to me as im a 3 year old cos im havin a very DUM! Day lol..... Oh and is i just the WHDload.dev folder i need on the pc or do i need the WHDload.usr folder on there too?

In other words i need a step by step guide on how to do this!! SORRY LOL :bowdown:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Hi Arnljot, on the extract it says the kickstart from Amiga Forever can be used but mentions a table - could you post the table please as I need to do that to make some games work using my Amiga Forever Kicks.

That's what you have to do: start the emulation of each ROM and use Grabkick.

Yes, one time for each ROM of each version.:banghead:

Why? Because the ROMs in the Amiga Forever package are encrypted. But inside the emulation they work as supposed to be (for valid/registered Amiga Forever users).

Notice that the grabkick'ed ROMs taken from inside the emulation will not be encrypted at all.

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

It's in the link I provided ;)

But sure, here it is:
Code:
Version      Name Kickstart Image               Name Relocation File                      Cloanto Name
1.2         Devs:Kickstarts/kick33180.A500      Devs:Kickstarts/kick33180.A500.RTB
1.3         Devs:Kickstarts/kick34005.A500      Devs:Kickstarts/kick34005.A500.RTB     kick130.rom / amiga-os-130.rom
3.1         Devs:Kickstarts/kick40063.A600      Devs:Kickstarts/kick40063.A600.RTB
            Devs:Kickstarts/kick40068.A1200  Devs:Kickstarts/kick40068.A1200.RTB
            Devs:Kickstarts/kick40068.A4000  Devs:Kickstarts/kick40068.A4000.RTB     kick310.rom / amiga-os-310.rom
@rkauer
yes, that's an "idiot proof" way to do it.
http://aminet.net/util/misc/GrabKick.lha

How ever, with "most" games the encrypted ones are supposed to work. But it's a b*tch, so to "decrypt" them are the reccomended procedure.

Re: The archives on whdload.de

http://www.whdload.de/whdload/WHDLoad_usr.lha
or
http://www.whdload.de/whdload/WHDLoad_16.9_usr.lzx

are the only ones you need, and only one of them. Either is fine. It just all depends on if you prefere LHA archives or LZX archives.

Unpack the archive to RAM: or SYS:T (T: is in RAM:T most of the time...) or somewhere else temporary. Then navigate to the location using workbench or CLI, and launch the installer.

It'll do everything for you, copy all files to the right places. But if you're a glutton for punishment, you can copy files manually.

The stuff in the S drawer goes to S: (this is where you set up global preferences for WHDLoad, like a default quit key etc). All in the C drawers goes to C:, and all in Docs typically goes to HELP:

However, you can put most where you'd like as long as it's in the path (C drawer stuff), except for whdload.prefs, that has to go to S: as far as I know.

----

All the *dev archives are for developers. It enables you to link to the whdload system, and write your own "slaves" patches to games so that they can be loaded by whdload. Most people can skip these files.

mcb

Country
Earth

As of Amiga Forever 2009- there is no need to rename files, etc. All the files needed by WHDLoad are included and ready to use. For more info just search for "whdload" in the Search box at amigaforever.com.

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
that's typical McB as I have the fully registered premium versions (all of them!) up to 2008! Oh well - now to get the 2009 version as well!

Cheers

J

Top Bottom