Where to get A1000 KS disks

desantii

Banned
Country
Chicago
Bought an A1000, but has no kickstart disks. Where can I get one? Can I read the KS from an A2000 and put ona floppy?

thanks

whiteb

Mostly Harmless.
AmiBayer
Country
Melbourne, Australia
Region
Victoria
Bought an A1000, but has no kickstart disks. Where can I get one? Can I read the KS from an A2000 and put ona floppy?

thanks

From memory, A1000 Kickstart was 256K, so you will need an associated 256KB kickstart (1.1, 1.2, 1.3) from a machine that still has 256KB Kickstart, of which you are probably looking at PRE 1988 kickstart.

If your A2000 has a 256KB kickstart, then YES you can use a ROM dumper to output a Kickstart disk.

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
If you are looking for Kickstart Disks, they still can be found. I know I have a 1.1 Kickstart disk somewhere. I don't know if it works though, and I don't have a machine to test it with right now so I cannot do anything with it.

desantii

Banned
Country
Chicago
Ok, I found some 256kb rom files I had, I guess the question now is is there a way to turn that into a KS disk?

thanks

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
This might come in handy! http://www.lemonamiga.com/help/kickstart-rom/kickstart-rom-1-1.php

According to them, "To legally use the Amiga v1.1 floppy disk image with emulators, you must own the specific Amiga model." In which case, you actually own the specific model. Although you won't be using the kickstart for emulation, a second Amiga (regardless of model) will come in handy! It will help you bring those files back to a regular floppy i believe...
BTW, the link is not a download site! :)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
http://lateblt.tripod.com/a1k_kick.htm

There are so much good guides creating it, I've found it to be to much trouble, and bought official 1.3 set for my A1000. (since my A1000 will be mostly collectors thingie)

If you have the Cloanto ADF (legally) I'dd be willing to write it for you, but I won't do it illegal since rules apply on here..

Firthy2002

DF0:NDOS
AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Leeds, West Yorkshire
There are KS disk images floating around "out there" if you catch my drift. ;)

Of course you'll need a real Miggy (or a CatWeasel) to write them back to floppy.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I think the most interesting thing I saw in all those years is a "super disk", which have at the same time the kickstart & the workbench boot disk.

I must remember where I saw that disk...

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
There is one disk knocking around that boots the A1000 into Atari TOS. Shows how much there was to that system!

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
The correct version for the A1000? Good!

If it is a single-chip ROM it only fits using an adaptor, which is rare and a bit difficult to make.

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
@rkauer: obviously, what he meant was that he found the Kickstart disk i believe.:) But, nevertheless, there's this German fella who happens to build such adapters nowadays! IF anyone is interested, i'll check my ordering history and inform A1000 owners!

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
Yes Mario, that's the one! Thanks for pointing it out :) (some soldering skills required by the way, lads)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I did ask about it to, rather interesting piece to have, since it's rather wasted time the rom load.. Even my A1000 does not come out of it's bag that much would be nice to behave more like A500..

Top Bottom