quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
Hi, all,
I just switched from Firefox to Chrome, as Firefox was just chugging my CPU down all the time (taking up about 80-100%).
Chrome keeps labeling Amibay as "Unsafe" -I keep getting that red screen. Anyone know why? I did scan my system and there is no spywear, fishing etc.:?

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands
Not the first time something like this has happened, Orange mobile flagged the site as "adult" at one time and you had to have the "nanny" removed to visit it.

Normally it depends on where "they"`are getting their info from, is it based on language, violence or someone clicked report this link unsafe?

Gary

LamboJay

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Charlotte, NC
Chrome is my primary browser (has been for quite a while now). I have no problems accessing Amibay with it. Using it to post this msg. Only thing I can think of is something in your Privacy/Content Settings that's causing A-Bay to be blocked?

desiv

work in progress...
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon
Chrome keeps labeling Amibay as "Unsafe" -I keep getting that red screen. Anyone know why?

Have you been to Amibay? :dry: Those people are CRAZY!!! :nuts: Unsafe is just the only family friendly word that they could use!!!

Just don't let them know that you.. um.. PM, hold on..

-----------

I would like to apologize for the above message.. Those responsible for the message have been sacked...

Have a nice day...

de:help:siv

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Chrome keeps labeling Amibay as "Unsafe" -I keep getting that red screen. Anyone know why?

Have you been to Amibay? :dry: Those people are CRAZY!!! :nuts: Unsafe is just the only family friendly word that they could use!!!

Just don't let them know that you.. um.. PM, hold on..

-----------

I would like to apologize for the above message.. Those responsible for the message have been sacked...

Have a nice day...

de:help:siv

Wazzon fella? - You been on the sauce again? :D

@ thread

I switched to Chrome from a vanilla IE8 yesterday & no problems here. :coffee:

Kin

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ Quarkx

Just add us to the "Safe Sites" list or what ever equivalent Chrome has.

We promise not to steal your bank account details, but with people like Kinnie, Blanko etc. around, I don't think we could ever call AmiBay totally 'safe'.....:blink:

Let's be careful out there.....

:LOL:

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
@ Quarkx

Just add us to the "Safe Sites" list or what ever equivalent Chrome has.

We promise not to steal your bank account details, but with people like Kinnie, Blanko etc. around, I don't think we could ever call AmiBay totally 'safe'.....:blink:

Let's be careful out there.....

:LOL:

Thanks Merlin,
I am still trying to find the settings in Chrome, they don't make it easy or straight forward. I maybe going back to Firefox (the CPU pig), because it at least had the Adblock in it, I don't see anything like that for Chrome.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
@ Quarkx

Give Opera a try if you previously had issues with FF. It uses less resources than most other browsers and is faster. It also has most things you might need built in from the start, rather than needing to download lots of plugins.

I do however use FF most of the time myself as it is still the most web standards compliant out of them all.

I've also avoid Chrome due to the Google spyware built in that reports all of your browsing activity back to them for "research".

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
:sos

G
REETINGS FROM ME TO YOU.I KNOW YOU DON'T KNOW ME. BUT PLEASE CAN YOU BE OF ASSISTANCE TO ME. I GOT YOUR CONTACT ADRRESS FROM THE INTERNET TO SEE IF YOU CAN HELP ME TO TRANSFER OUR FAMILY MONEY TO YOUR ACCOUNT IN YOUR COUNTRY.

:jester: :ROTFLOL2: :jester: :ROTFLOL2: :jester:

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
:hijacked::eek:fftopic::whistleblower:

OK guys, can we try to keep this on the technical issue that Quarkx is having with his browser....??

Thanks

Tomse

RISK is good
AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen
have you checked if it is your antivirus ?

some antivirus programs mark sites safe/unsafe (F-Secure does, I think Avast paid version as well)

or could be some other kind of protection

Top Bottom