Will it Toast?

masheen

Country
Sweden
Region
Uppsala
Hi everyone.

I recently bought a second A4000D to replace what I thought was a broken one.
However it wasn't broken so now I have 2 (lucky me :mrgreen: ), and was thinking I'd do something different with one of them.

So question is does a Video Toaster 4000 work in a european A4000?

I know that I'd need to supply it with NTSC inputs somehow, but other than that it'd be cool to have one of the most impressive computer peripherals ever made. :bowdown:

Cheers
/masheen

masheen

Country
Sweden
Region
Uppsala
Re: Will it Toast?

Well I searched around a bit and though I couldn't find anything conclusive it seems it should work if I set the jumper on the mobo to NTSC.

Btw does anyone here use a Toaster (any model)

Cheers
/masheen

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina

ofcourse it will work with the a4000 jumpered to NTSC , but it will accept NTSC and produce NTSC signal, so no PAL... rather pointless to install one IMHO

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,

I found out the hard way, that you will not be able to use the Video toaster software on OS 3.5/9, so just a heads up. It caused all kinds of nasty nightmares.

RedDaemonFox

Amiga's enemy is my enemy!
AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901

quarkx said:
I found out the hard way, that you will not be able to use the Video toaster software on OS 3.5/9, so just a heads up. It caused all kinds of nasty nightmares.
Are you saying with the defined setup above or in all cases? I'm sure the former is what you mean

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

A guy from here use to use his A4000D/Toaster/Flyer dedicated video production gear with 3.9. It's just a matter of turning off the eye-candies (magic menu, asyncWB, tools prefs, etc) and made the icons draw on "other memory" (Workbench icon inside Prefs: ).

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

I didn't have any issues with 3.9 & a VT4000/Flyer/Sync combo. But then, using the latest software for the Amiga Toaster is half the battle. V4.3 was the last afaik & the support from NewTek for Classic Amiga Users appears to have gotten worse in the last 12+ months.

Kin

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

@ masheen

I discovered a box the other day (was looking for another & still can't find it) with my toaster software. They're add on Horror Effects, explosions, animal farm (don't go there! :whistle: ), textures and others. Let me know if you're interested & I'll get you some pics sorted!

RE NTSC being pointless, it's not entirely if you re-code the Amiga Video to PAL. Miggy does the smooth donkey work & ure Quad DUO cuts through the re-code! - Get networking! :wink:
Also, if ur running the right monitors off the Toaster setup, NTSC displays fine. You can even use a Pee Cee monitor if your lucky enough to own a 'Toast Scan'. :mrgreen:

Kin

masheen

Country
Sweden
Region
Uppsala

@Kin Hell.

Well I'd be interested, but not until I actually get a Toaster (and flyer preferably), and that's not happening anytime soon unless I find a real bargain. (I really need to slow down on getting Amiga related bits until I've sorted out all the stuff I've bought recently)

and regarding NTSC I was thinking the same.

/masheen

Top Bottom