WizBall WhdLoad problem

dougal

AmiBayer
Country
Malta
Wizball (Whdload) randomly quits back to Workbench when playing or on the title screen. Its random cause nothing seems to trigger it and it can do it at any time or after any time. 2 minutes, 10 minutes etc.. No error nothing.

I have tried using the current Whdload install from Whdload.de (1.2) and have tried the game downloaded from whdownload.com and also installed it using the install from the official site and an original floppy disk. Installation went fine. In fact I use the very same disk on my other Amiga's and even the same Amiga with the whdload issue for the same game. I'm using the very latest version of Whdload.

All other Whdload games have no issues.

The machine is an A1200 running ClassicWB. Has a Bliz 1230IV + 64 ram. Uses a real HDD.

Last edited:

RichyV

A4000 lives once more! A1200 bits are going...
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Gloucestershire
What switches have you tried with this Slave?

NoCache; NoAutoVec; NoMMU...?

dougal

AmiBayer
Country
Malta
I tried only NoCache

I didnt think u need to uses switches with an 030 bases CPU. Thought its just for the 68040's

What switches have you tried with this Slave?

NoCache; NoAutoVec; NoMMU...?

- - - Updated - - -

I tried all those 3 switches. Still quits randomly

RichyV

A4000 lives once more! A1200 bits are going...
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Gloucestershire
Of course, the closer you are to a native 68000 (for OCS) and a 68020 (for AGA) the less times you'll need the switches, but even an '030, especially a FULL '030 may well need them from time to time.

EDIT: Might be worth looking at bug tracker or raising a ticket if no one has seen the behaviour before...

Last edited:

dougal

AmiBayer
Country
Malta
I just reported it now on the Whdload Mantis bugtracker.

I tried it on my A4000 and had exactly the same issue (040 33Mhz 16mb ram Picasso II OS3.9)

Top Bottom