Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Hi again all
could someone supply me with a list of patches/hacks/programs, that i should install on my os 3.9? systempatch/fblit etc...

thanks in advance, JuvUK

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Re: workbench hacks/patches

Hi JuvUK

Can I thoroughly recomend you contact Bloodwych on EAB to give you access to his Classic Workbench for OS3.9

It's all there and ready to go, It really transforms your Amiga, I wouldn't run my systems without it. The guy has put so much time, thought & work into it and can't be praised enough.
You wont be disapointed :wink:

TC :mrgreen:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

/Kin pokes Juv..... :wink:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Get in there! :roll:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

lol i will, i will just as soon as i have a working A1200
i did have a read of the thread on EAB i'm a little concerned about compatability but i shall give it a go ;o)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

@JuvUK

Compatibility ?????
Stop making excuses & get it installed, I haven't come accross any issues...

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

TheCorfiot said:
@JuvUK

Compatibility ?????
Stop making excuses & get it installed, I haven't come accross any issues...

lol i said i would just as soon as i have a working A1200!! jeez give a guy a chance!! :D :LOL:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

Kin Hell said:
[quote="Kin Hell":23dqyt8i]/Kin pokes Juv..... :wink:

/Kin pokes Juv even harder.... :LOL:[/quote:23dqyt8i]

/Juv gets more and more concerned at Kin's pokes and starts to worry about fudge nudgery

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

TheCorfiot said:
Can I thoroughly recomend you contact Bloodwych on EAB to give you access to his Classic Workbench for OS3.9

It's all there and ready to go

@TC

I'm being lazy - do you know if it supports large hard drives without any alterations to the setup?

Dave G 8)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

Aye it Does my Friend.

I'm currently running OS3.9 BB2 with my A1240 equipped A1200, and a 40GB HD.
Make sure you install the Rom updates (ie install BB1 & BB2) by only declaring an initial boot partition of <2GB (Mines 1GB) ignore the rest of the HD untill OS3.9 is fully installed (& CWB of course), Then define the remaining partitions but remember each partition must be <7.99GB

Mine works a treat............ :wink:

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

@TC

Ta.

Mine was/is working great until I try to install an old version of IDEFIX97 then it reports bad information on all other partitions except the first. Got newest FFS setup and works a treat without IDEFIX. Just downloaded newest IDEFIX and was going to try and stick that on later tonight and see what it says.

All this because I've got an IDE adaptor from AmigaKit for my 4000D. I want to connect my CD, harddrive and CF card all onto the internal IDE port :roll:

Dave G 8)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

What IDE adapter are you using with your A4000D? I've got an A4000 too and was considering looking for an IDE interface so I could connect 4 devices to the A4000's standard IDE port. Will the same buffered IDE interfaces work with the A4000D as those available for the A1200?

At the moment I've got an HD and a CD-RW connected to the port and am using IDEFix'97 to allow both devices to work successfully with the standard port.

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

@Harrison

The 1200 needs to be buffered. The 4000 doesn't need to be buffered. I got mine from AmigaKit from the MagShow @ £19.99 if I remember correctly.

Still haven't played with the latest version of IDEFIX97 yet though. My versions that old I had to edit the install script because it kicked out with my large boot drive :roll: So that makes my software one of the originals :oops:

Interesting fact - I was using my backup copy made with ADFBlitz and it new it was a copy and wouldn't work until I put the original disk in WTF !!!!

I had my hard drive and CD connected on my 4000 without the additional interface without any problems.

Dave G 8)

Adonay

Country
lund sweden\Haugesund Norway
Region
Skåne

Now then how well does the 3.9 version of classic workbench cope compared to the 3.1 one,,, I have runned the 3.1 for a year or two and think it is amasing and very stable... Does it still use scalos?

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

davideo said:
@Harrison

The 1200 needs to be buffered. The 4000 doesn't need to be buffered. I got mine from AmigaKit from the MagShow @ £19.99 if I remember correctly.

I had my hard drive and CD connected on my 4000 without the additional interface without any problems.

Dave G 8)

I'm also currently using an HD and CD connected to my 4000 without any additional interface. Just using IDEFix'97 so the system can see the two devices attached. But what I want to do is connect 4 devices to the IDE port.

I already knew the A4000's port was buffered, so what are the options?

What would happen if you connected an A1200 buffered interface?

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

Harrison said:
I'm also currently using an HD and CD connected to my 4000 without any additional interface. Just using IDEFix'97 so the system can see the two devices attached. But what I want to do is connect 4 devices to the IDE port.

I already knew the A4000's port was buffered, so what are the options?

What would happen if you connected an A1200 buffered interface?

I don't think the 1200 device will fit the 4000 - different number of pins.

My 4000 can see both my devices on the internal IDE without IDEFIX being installed.

I want to connect more than 2 devices which is why I got the additional interface. I'm after using my CF Card to transfer stuff from my PC to my Miggy.

Dave G 8)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

With my A4000 it would only see the first (HD) and not the second (CD-RW) when both were connected, until I installed IDEFix. My A4000 has a Kickstart 3.0 rom though. Could it act differently with 3.1 roms installed?

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

@Adonay

CWB OS3.9 does NOT use Scalos, which is why I prefer it, Latest Beta is very very stable & I haven't even found any WHDLoad issues...
Dream Package I must say 8)

@Harrison

You need to use the specific IDE Interface for the A4000 as it also has the correct size connector too, as davideo pointed out Buffering is the other issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom