World Cup quarter final predictions

JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
God what a bunch of great games coming up ahead (sorry England didn't make it. I mean it. No, really!).

Holland vs Brazil
Germany vs Argentina
Spain vs Paraguay
Uruguay vs Ghana

Any predictions?

Holland vs Brazil for the dutch is a classic, we always play great games against brazil, but loose trying. It's the first real test though for us, we can play really good, but didn't yet. It all has to come together this friday if we want to make a chance (and even then it almost looks impossibly hard). If it's gonna happen ever, then it has to be now though, we got the team for it. I can't say i'm overly confident though ^^ but this time it's our turn though, it just has to.

Germany vs Argentina, I think Germany has a good shot agianst Argentina, the first real test up ahead for both. Somehow Germany will end up winning, as they always do.

Spain vs Paraguay, a walkover on paper but paraguay didn't make it to the 1/4 finals for nothing. Maybe paraguay will get wings now they made it this far for the first time ever. I think Spain is just to strong for Paraguay though.

Uruguay vs Ghana, I'm a big fan of Suarez, he plays in Ajax in Holland and we know how good he can be. I fear for Ghana if he has a good day, not to speak of Forlan. I think Uruguay will be the winner of this one.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Yeah m8, but we deserved what we got & even if Englands 2nd goal could have changed things, I very much doubt it with the state of their play.

Big admiration for the way Holland controlled their last game & of all the teams I have seen play so far, they deserve to win the Final if they can stay cool & do what they do best.

Germany could win their game, escpecially when they have a keeper that sees the ball go over the line & then thinks he can kick it back into play in front of millions of viewers. It was 1966 all over again, but against us this time & probably because Fifa want it to be that way. :roll:

I might have got the real number of goals right on this now closed thread, but am abstaining from further predictions because of how I feel about Fifa's reluctance to employ Camera technology.

Good luck against Brazil though, Holland are the best in the Quarter finals so far for me. (y)

Such wonderful controlled ball & game play deserves to win every time.

Kin

JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
Yeah m8, but we deserved what we got

I cannot say I am a big fan of the way England is playing (I am a big fan of most players though), but a pure goal not being given is not what you deserved.

The world should thank the english though, seems like this was needed for Fifa to take measurements for the future, you can't explain this kind of unfair stuff to people, no matter which team.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
True stuff indeed, but then people that have no passion for the game can not understand why we need cameras in the game. It's a debate that will go on for some time yet & rest assured, there will be plenty more infractions before they finally do. :nod:

Kin

Laudrup

AmiBayer
Country
Germany
Region
Berlin
Holland vs Brazil
Germany vs Argentina
Spain vs Paraguay
Uruguay vs Ghana

Netherland - Brazil 1:4
Germany - Argentina 3:2
Spain - Paraguay 4:0
Uruguay - Ghana 5:4 after penalty

oktopus-16802338__MBQF-1277809507,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
I pray to god you are wrong about the first one , I don't think i will ever survive that ^^

edit: Ask teh german octopus to predict and help us! :D

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ JiggyMF

Don't fret about the Octopus m8. He defected. :p

Kin

Laudrup

AmiBayer
Country
Germany
Region
Berlin
Paul "said" it will be a hard fight for the german team... lol, my nerves...

Go Mueller Go !!!!

runequester

Country
United States
Region
Oregon
My vote for the final match is Germany - Holland 2 - 1.

What I WANT to see is it coming down to a penalty shoot out 2-2

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg
My vote for the final match is Germany - Holland 2 - 1.

When that happens I think my dad is going to die. He never really forgot about 1974.

I think Spain and Uruguay will have the easiest wins. As for the other two matches it can go either way. I hope the Dutch win, but I have sincere doubts. Argentina will win from Germany.

I'm hoping for a final Netherlands vs. Spain to see some very attractive football. I have my doubts if we can win that though :huh:

Anyway, I don't know shite about football, so I'm just going to watch the games and see what'll happen...

Jon Hare

Country
Hamburg
Region
Germany
I've played the quarters in SWOS with the national teams (I played the home team, 3min game). Here are the results:

Netherland - Brazil 1:0
Germany - Argentina 3:1
Spain - Paraguay 4:1
Uruguay - Ghana 4:0

Let's see if I had any hits :D

What I'm thinking:

Netherland - Brazil 3:2
Germany - Argentina 3:1
Spain - Paraguay 2:1
Uruguay - Ghana 1:0

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I think you need to quit smoking rolled 5¹/4" M$DOS disks!

Tahoe

Collector Extrodinaire
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Wilnis
OMG indeed!!! I thought Brasil were going to be the new World Champions! What just happened? Did we really win or am I not awake yet??

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
Felipe Melo's red card in the 73rd minute was absolutely the correct decision by the referee. There's no excuse for such behavior from a player!

Well done The Netherlands! :)

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg
Is rkauer still alive? I'm a bit worried... :huh:

I really hope the next matches won't be this nerve-wrecking. My heart hasn't been under 150bpm :eek:

Laudrup

AmiBayer
Country
Germany
Region
Berlin
Amazing game by netherland. it obvious, that the brazil team has the same ignorant behaviour after her first goal like in 2006....

netherland deserved the game for the brave fight against the 0:1.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Congratulations to the good dutch people, you deserve to win over Dunga (stoopid git).

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ JiggyMF

Totally O/T.... but Psst....

Did you get your PM from me on June 30th?

Via PM please. :thanks:

Kin

Top Bottom