Muzer

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Hampshire
I don't have any expansions for it (accelerator cards, etc), so any RAM that needs one of those (and the accelerator card isn't offered with it) is out.

Other than that, yeah, I'll accept any size, any type (as long as it's compatible with workbench, whdload, games etc).

Photon

Amiga is Yes. :)
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Country
Sweden
Region
Smaland
Re: WTB: A1200-compatible RAM in any form, the cheaper the bette

I think there are ram cards and accelerators for the trapdoor slot, and also a board that snaps onto the 68000. Google for "big book amiga" and you can browse A1200 expansions that have been made - I don't have one for sale tho.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

The Amiga A1200 trapdoor slot is there to chuck accelerators or plain memory upgrades.

Plain memory upgrades usually cost less, but with a bit more money you can make your Amiga fly with a regular full 020 or 030 accelerator and 4, 8 or (much) more RAM!

Also the PCMCIA port can be used to give this Amiga more 4Mb if you find a 4Mb SRAM PCMCIA card. They are (not so, really) rare but with an outrageous price.

There is no "plug over CPU" devices for the 68EC020 CPU of the A1200, just for the A600's PLCC 68000.

Muzer

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Hampshire

OK, I really need some now, since I've installed classic workbench on my real Amiga. Many games won't load, and the other ones are really slow (since they use WHDLoad which is really designed to pre-load the disks, which it can't do due to the lack of RAM so it's really slow when loading).

scotty7499

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Cornwall,UK

There are a few on fleabay at the mo just search for Amiga Expansion or Accelerator.

Hope it helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom