Not open for further replies.

AmigaNow

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Texas
Here's my story. I recently ordered an Amiga1000 off EPay, but when it arrived the postman threw the box over my 6 foot fence. :cry: Found that the internal drive will only load KickStart, and the rear panel was in pieces.

I wish to purchase a replacement internal floppy drive, and if someone could traceout the rear panel, I can get some plexiglass and cut it myself. Would pay for your time to make the template.

I figure the floppy should be around $25, but I may be underestimating this. Let me know... (Got for $20 off ePay)

Otherwise, if someone knows where I can get my floppy serviced in the US...

Thanks for your time.

AmigaNow

Fingerlickin_B

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Belco
Re: WTB: Amiga1000 internal floppy + template

Hi AmigaNow & welcome to AmiBay :D

Could you please update your profile so as to make it more specific?

That way people can get a better idea of how far away you are when dealing with you.

e.g.
You in Alaska & them in Romania = Long way, expensive postage required.
You in NYC & them in NYC = Short way, possibility of pick-up.

Anyway, enjoy yourself here :mrgreen:

PZ.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

Hey AmigaNow,

I'm not sure how difficult it is to remove the back plate from the Amiga 1000 but, if it is not too difficult, I would be willing to do it for you. I just need you to explain exactly what you need me to do. Is it just a matter of putting it on a large sheet of paper and drawing around it? Please let me know how I can help!

It's good to see more people from the States here as well! I like all my friends here from overseas but shipping prices from other countries can price some items out of range. :(

Take care,

Heather

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
67   0   1
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,

The same thing happened to me with the back plate from a recent Ebay auction, luckily I have the other piece to re-glue.
Yes, that is a A1300 genlock and RF modulator for it. just looking for a keyboard for this baby.

AmigaNow

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Texas

SkydivinGirl said:
Hey AmigaNow,

I'm not sure how difficult it is to remove the back plate from the Amiga 1000 but, if it is not too difficult, I would be willing to do it for you. I just need you to explain exactly what you need me to do. Is it just a matter of putting it on a large sheet of paper and drawing around it? Please let me know how I can help!

Heather

Yes, I was thinking that a tracing around the plate and tracings of the component holes should make it easier for me to replicate this.

In case you need instructions on case removal:

First there are 5 screws underneath the A1000. Once they are removed it is just a matter of using a flat head screwdriver on the side "groove" to gently lift the top off. (The top snaps into place and unsnaps with a slight counterclockwise turn of the screwdriver on the groove.) Once the top has been removed make sure to turn it over and view the signatures of all the wonderful people that created the Amiga! :D

Once the top is off, the rear plate should easily lift out of place.

If you are able to help let me know what your time is worth and whether you accept PayPal.

Thanks,
AmigaNow

AmigaNow

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Texas

I have obtained a replacement A1000 internal drive, just need to get the placement just right for it to work with my front bezel. All that's left is to either get a back panel, or if someone could trace their's I could replicate it. Will pay for your time...

:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom