x files returns (bbc news)

mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
Cult sci-fi show The X-Files is to return to TV after a 13-year hiatus.
David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will reprise their roles as FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully for the six-part series.
Original creator Chris Carter will be at the helm when production starts this summer.
It is not yet known when it will air on TV.
The show, which ran for nine seasons from 1993-2002, saw Mulder and Scully investigate unsolved mysteries and paranormal cases.
More than 200 episodes of the The X-Files were made, making it the longest-running sci-fi series in US network TV history. Two feature films were also made - in 1998 and 2008.
Carter said: "I think of it as a 13-year commercial break.
"The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories."
Dana Walden and Gary Newman, of Fox Television Group, said: "We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of The X-Files - one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers - and we couldn't be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again.
"The X-Files was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture - yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning.
"Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as The X-Files and we're ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they've been waiting for."

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
From the PR bumph said:
More than 200 episodes of the The X-Files were made, making it the longest-running sci-fi series in US network TV history.
Stargate SG1 had 214 episodes.... they really need to either research things or word them better.

On the show, I never watched them... I've got them all downloaded on my "to watch some day" hard drive

Last edited:

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
Great news Mike!

I used to work a night shift at HP for while and we were allowed to play a radio during work hours. There was a funny spoof show aired during the shift called the X-Fools and somebody has made an archive of a number of the shows as MP3's.

http://www.amuletts.com/xfools/

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I've been waiting for this announcement for a long time, as the return has been mentioned and rumoured too many times recently to not have some truth in it.

Is great news. I watched them all back in the day. I just hope they return to the original format and leave the alien conspiracy plot in the past as it took over the last few series and first film and got a bit boring. Much preferred the case per episode format.

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
Good old X-Files. A big part of my early life that was. I had the horn for Gillian Anderson, loved to rant at the TV because of Mardy Mulder and the biggest Nasty of all! TOOMS! Bring back Victor Tooms. Made me wary of Escalator's for quite some time after that lol.

Jameson

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
I'm not expecting much - X-Files was like Red Dwarf and many other (originally) good series - first two seasons are good, then it slowly degenerates into utter garbage. The first couple of seasons of X-Files were great - mysterious, atmospheric, thought provoking etc..... then it turned into a rubbish sci-fi drama with every second episode having something to do with Moulders sister and aliens.....

.....I will be only to happy to be proven wrong, but I somehow don't think that is going to happen.

Last edited:

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
Very coolI own the dvd tin set with the whole series plus both movies - not got around to watching it however as I know I didn't watch every season after the first 2 or 3...

Top Bottom