X68000 MIDI installation

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Alresford
I know we have a couple of X68000 owners here so hopefully someone will know am I installing this MIDI board I bought off ebay correctly before I damage it and possibly the machine?

The only thing that worries me is the writing on the board is upside down but the MIDI in/out/thru matches up with the plate and the components would hit the edge of the machine the other way...

P1050390.jpg P1050391.jpg P1050393.jpg

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
Looking at the board in some Google image searches it appears to have the edge connector shifted to one side slightly, a kind of mechanical polarity or key?

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Alresford
Well I put it in and street fighter 2 and castlevania gives me midi options but I can't get a peep out of my mt-32 or sc-55 :sad:

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Alresford
That was a complete disaster. I couldn't get a peep out of it and after a few hours the system became very unstable :sad:

I don't normally like selling systems so a game of cricket with it sounds pretty good at the moment (y)

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Alresford
All sorted, it turned out that the home-made cable was dodgy and I now have it booting from the hard drive and enjoying the great soundtracks from the MT-32 and SC-55 (y)

Top Bottom