Mendel

AmiBayer
Country
Finland
Region
kokkola
some pics here:
https://imageshack.com/a/o8s4/1

Yea this is the weird japanese amiga-like computer that uses x68000 processor but it runs an os that looks and feels much like dos with some japanese characters mixed in.
This particular machine has an sd card adapter for a hard drive.

samaron

Country
Norway
Region
Rogaland
It is a really cool machine! Many variations were made. The power supply is supposedly one of the weak spots, as well as the (leaking) battery soldered directly to the motherboard. The awesome thing is that many games are more or less perfect arcade ports. I'm going to get one my self when I've decided which model I'd like to get.

Mendel

AmiBayer
Country
Finland
Region
kokkola
It is a really cool machine! Many variations were made. The power supply is supposedly one of the weak spots, as well as the (leaking) battery soldered directly to the motherboard. The awesome thing is that many games are more or less perfect arcade ports. I'm going to get one my self when I've decided which model I'd like to get.

I can recommend the PicoPSU as a replacement for the original power supply. It is even possible to fit the picopsu power brick right inside the case as you might see in the pictures :)

As the machine only has 2 MB of ram, I will be on a hunt for some more, which will not be easy to find. I suppose 6MB would be enough but even 4 would help.

k0x

Country
Czech republic
Region
Ostrava
Great machine - it even runs NetBSD!

Instead of PicoPSU - i would suggest you EOS VLT60-3000 as ideal candidate for PSU replacement.

Last edited:

80sFREAK

Country
In transit now
Region
In transit now
X68000 is a bit more pumped up, than Amiga. Graphics more close to the arcade machines, so plenty very good ports(and even more AVG :roll:). Sound system have top(for the time of release) FM synth chip(used in arcades as well) and MIDI interface "out of the box". There is also SCSI interface. There is quite advanced OS and lots of SDK. What is the most i don't like(even i have 2 or 3 units) is the size and weight.

In total - i like my A600(thanks to AmiBayers, by the way) and wouldn't swap A600 for X68000(except, if you like AVG LOL, which i don't).

Top Bottom