Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi Guys, i bought this drive to replace my 360's failing drive but i eventually lost the 360 to the red ring of death which then led to error 74 and so after doing x-clamp fixes and overheating and messing around i decided to trade the console at my local cash generator.
Anyhow this is a Hitachi DVD Rom version 47DJ manufactured in November 2005. I bought it second hand from a user who also lost their machine to RROD but was assured it worked. As i never managed to get to testing though i cannot guarantee it works. Free to anyone who wants it, just pay postage, or if anyone's up for a trade i'm looking for a v1.6 motherboard for the original black xbox, preferably with the HDD key (HDD not required just the key).
However due to my very impending move (i'm leaving on the 26th Nov) this will only be available till Tuesday then i must dispose of it elsewhere.

Mike

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Re: XBOX 360 Hitachi DVD-Rom

Shit...thats 4 days m8! :shock:

Post it to me. No use to me but I can offer it on even if I cant offer you a swap!

PM your payment/postage deets. :D

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham

Hey Kin, I know its very short notice. Thats what i get when i rent a property from my cousin who takes the £450 a month rent im paying her and blows it while not paying the mortgage. She doesn't bother to tell me that the house is being repossessed so i have to hear it from the building society who tell me i have 2 weeks to get out. So now i have to find a new home for me, my wife and our 10 week old baby 5 weeks before christmas!
Please don't feel like you must take it if it isn't any use to you but if your serious i'll get it parcelled up and weighed at the post office tomorrow and get back to you with the postage costs.

Mike

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

That's fine Mike. I'll wait to hear from you & Best of luck for you & your Family! :wink:

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham

@Kin

As i've been busy packing i've not had time to get to the post office so I looked at the postage rates on ebay as a guide price and postage will be around £12. Any difference will of course be refunded. However my local council have just come through with an offer of a new home on the very next street to where i live, which i have accepted, so i am prepared to take everything with me when i move and continue to offer it available for recycle after i have moved. It will still be a week or two while they get the house ready for us. That saves you paying out postage just to offer it on again.
if you still want this drive i am prepared to send it to you or we can lock the thread till im in the new property and then unlock and the drive will still be available for anyone who wants it.

Mike

imnogeek

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Midlands

@scrappysphinx
off topic I know but so glad you have been offered a house :)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

Mike

I am so pleased the council pulled their finger out.
So glad things are starting to go better for you & Good luck with the move.

TC :wink:

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

I don't have a problem helping anyone out when I can, but £12 postage for a DVD mechanism is a bit steep tbh!

I'd guess £3 total tops...it weighs less than a hard drive :?

Good news on your home btw. Nice 1. :wink:

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham

I too thought £12 was steep but i just took the postage price from ebay. I can get it weighed up at the post office for the actual price but i can't do it till the end of the week now as theres not too much work to be done so i'm hoping to move in straight away.
I'll get back to you soon.

Mike

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Sure Mike, but pardon me saying, now your home is sorted, I'm guessing you ain't going to be binning it.
No point me having it now, for the sake of it I guess?

/Kin does a runner sharpish.....

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham

Your right about the not binning it. It will still be offered in the recycle bin though should anyone else want it.

Mike

smiley

AmiBayer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United Kingdom

Hello, I am interested to take this off your hands. My current drive very rarely reads discs and looks like its on its way out.

Let me know what the postage is for it. Unfortunately I don't do PayPal so it will have to be cash in post, postal order or cheque.

PM me if you still want rid of it.

Cheers,

Smiley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom