xmas tree lights!!!!!!!

mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
Are these the work of satan himself?????

they worked when packed away in jan this year.....tested again and five bulbs have blown! .....

and of course the spare bulbs have disappeared from the face of the earth.

So now what? Tesco for yet another pack of 150 little glowing sparkles of joy..

humbug

(and dont say get spare bulbs - my lights were from a production run of millions that nobody seems to stock anymore!!! lol):mad:

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
I believe the decorations go up this Monday =D

desiv

work in progress...
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon
Have 2 sets of lights with push button controls that can do different patterns, etc..
I needed 2 because one set isn't enough for a tree.

So, I test the first one.. Works good..
So I put them on the tree. A bit more than half. Good.
Test the other one.. 2 bulbs out. No prob.. Replace them.. Go to set them up, and I knock the control for the first one off the window ledge, and off go the lights..

Hmm

No fuse problem, and it's very un-fix friendly controls in a plastic box I'd probably have to cut to heck to get inside, and still probably not fix it. Definitely not worth the time..

:-(

Oh well.. I've had them for years (at least 10), so I suppose they deserve retirement.
<sigh>

On to the regular bulbs..
(I have LOTS of light sets, so it's not really a problem of having lights.. I just liked those old lights.. With all their settings, even though I usually set them to be "just on" :) )

desiv

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
@Desiv, what a great opportunity :)

You could hack your broken lights and have your retro computer control them and maybe play some jingles at the same time.

desiv

work in progress...
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon
@Desiv, what a great opportunity :)
You could hack your broken lights and have your retro computer control them and maybe play some jingles at the same time.

I do have to admit, when my wife asked "so, throw them away?" I replied, "Well, we might need the bulbs or whatever for parts, so I think I'll hold on to em.."

:)

desiv

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
We are waiting for Harrison to put the decorations up...:nod:

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
Ha I can beat that, back when Woolworths where still going (god knows how...) we bought a huge 250 light set and even when new, about 20% where bust. The following year barely half where working. Another year or 2 it was more like about 85% where not working! :blink:

Top Bottom