XP Professional

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Alresford
Hi, I've got an old laptop I am trying to do a fresh install of XP professional using the key on the bottom of the laptop but where can I find a legit image of XP with SP3 these days?

johnim

VIP
Country
England
Region
birmingham
oops sorry was busy and did quick link

Last edited:

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
I think that's just the service pack buddy. If you read the details underneath

• Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) includes all previously released updates for the operating system. This update also includes a small number of new functionalities, which do not significantly change customers’ experience with the operating system.
    This file is a CD image file for users who wish to create an update CD for Windows XP Service Pack 3, for example for offline installation by administrators.

don't think Microsoft offer official download links for xp. You might have to search other places

Last edited:

commodorejohn

Shameless recidivist
Country
United States
Region
Minnesota
Unless you've got an MSDN subscription, I don't think "legit" is an option for you. If you choose to go illegit, get the "corporate edition" (can't remember its official title, but you can find it under that) - it doesn't install the WGA copy protection.

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Unless you've got an MSDN subscription, I don't think "legit" is an option for you. If you choose to go illegit, get the "corporate edition" (can't remember its official title, but you can find it under that) - it doesn't install the WGA copy protection.

He needs the Pro OEM ISO, his key is legit but it wont work with VLK discs.
I doubt you will find a legit downloads site, they took down the Windows 7 ones on digital river a while back too.
Best way to get it is for someone to upload an ISO for you and send you a link via WeTransfer or FileConvoy

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
I'm not sure about this, but only WinXP Home Edition had up to SP3? I think that WinXP Pro had till SP1?

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Alresford
Thanks the help guys. I've got to pick up the MR2 tomorrrow morning so I'll stop by the computer repair shop in town and see if I can blag an image off of them (y)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks the help guys. I've got to pick up the MR2 tomorrow morning so I'll stop by the computer repair shop in town and see if I can blag an image off of them (y)

Vesko

Country
Bulgaria
Region
Oblast Blagoevgrad
Plenty of those Dell OEM Windows XP discs on eBay probably you can get one cheap.

bagpuss22

Country
United Kingdom
Region
East Sussex
Just looking on my MSDN account and XP Pro is up to SP3, I can get you an ISO (x86) or (x64) but not sure if your key will work...

What make of laptop is it? I have loads of Dell XP install disks at work?

Last edited:

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Alresford
Thanks for the offers, the local repair shop came through (y)

I can start putting xfloppy, Tap2Wav and other bits back on it tonight :LOL:

P1050618.jpg

Top Bottom