Not open for further replies.

Astral

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Country
NSW Australia
Does anyone have any spare 100pin and/or 86pin zorro slot edge connectors. Perhaps a non-working motherboard as a parts donor, such as an A2000? I would like a few for some hacks I would like to try.

Or even if someone can point me in the direction of an reasonably priced supplier?

:thanks:

Photon

Amiga is Yes. :)
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Country
Sweden
Region
Smaland
Re: Zorro slot edge connectors

Haven't done this myself, just passing on the tip.

If you can get hold of some old (REALLY OLD!) PC mobos, you can use two sawed-off ISA slots (if you don't mind desoldering them from the mobo). Or buy new ones, ofc. I haven't found any suppliers of proper Amiga ones, but I haven't looked very hard.

You could always give Amigakit.com a ring and ask.

desiv

work in progress...
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon

Photon

Amiga is Yes. :)
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Country
Sweden
Region
Smaland
Re: Zorro slot edge connectors

The last one should work, the first one definitely doesn't. The two in the middle - unknown since they don't type wth pin pitch it is! :nuts:

There are two measurements that defines an edge connector, really. Pin pitch and slot height (how thick boards it can accept).

I think that all the ones with the correct pitch, 0.1", should be usable, there's a good tolerance on the height.

The ones with bent pins (not at a 90 degree angle, but the ones that have a "U"-bend on the straight pins) are easy to solder on, not that the hole-mount (straight or 90 degree bend) are annoying.

direktorn

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
Sweden
Region
Stockholm
Why close a four years old thread? You just woke it up from dead, where it should have stayed. :picard

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Don't be upset with Astral. I asked if he could look over his old threads.

I'm currently doing some sampling to see how well we all do thread housekeeping, mods included ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom